Chapter 85: Goodbye New Haven

Chapter 85

Lux's Point of View

As I walked across the student clad Yale campus in search of my two best friends I went over last night in my head. Things could have ended so much worse than they did. I vow to this day never to be so stupid as to go to a frat party alone. What was I thinking? Chuck won't always be there to rescue me and neither will Nate. That's a hard truth. It's a shame that girls have to think about things like this...what might happen if you go somewhere new alone when there's drinking and drugs involved.

Turning the corner along the cobblestone path towards the Administration building I spotted Tristen; the guy that had been clearly very interested in Blair at the deans shindig, sitting on a bench. I waved as he smiled and stood up recognizing me.

"Fancy seeing you here." I chirped. He gave me a lopsided grin as I stopped in front of him.

"Likewise," he winked, "My flight to Texas got postponed, looks like I'll be heading into the city for a few weeks. You heading out?"

Looks like Mr. Handsome will be sticking around for a bit. Blair will have a field day with him if she gives him the time of day. "Shortly, I'm looking for my friends at the moment. Wherever they may be." I laughed tossing my hands in the air at a loss for words.

"I'll walk with you." Tristen offered, slipping his hands into his jean pockets. I nodded and started walking, stealing glances at him every few seconds. "So I've been checking CNN to see if there was any coverage about that war your friend said she had to win, but it hasn't quite made the cut. Can I get any inside scoop on that?"

Tristen looked at me mischievously, extending his hand out in front of me like he was holding a microphone.

"No comment at this time." I played along, then laughed when he dropped his hand. "I have no idea what's going on, honestly. You have to understand Serena and Blair; they've been friends forever, well we've been friends forever, and I think the fact that we all might be splitting up soon to head off to college is starting to make them panic."

"That's understandable though. I've got friends back home that I don't wanna leave behind, but I've also gotta live my life. The ones that wanna be in it will stay and touch and the others well, won't." Tristen said as we walked around towards the front of the administration building.

"That's very true." I nodded. In all honesty it scared the hell out of me to think about being at Princeton all on my own next year, should I get accepted.

I spotted a pair of bright blue Gucci heels standing at the top of the steps and immediately knew I found Blair. She was talking to Serena. Well, she doesn't have her pinned to the ground so that's a good sign. Maybe Gossip Girl was right, they'd waved the white flag, perhaps?

"B!" I called out, capturing her attention. She whirled around and made a beeline towards me, heels clicking against the sidewalk.

"Where have you been all night? I've been worried!" She pulled me into a tight hug. I didn't want to get into what happened last night in front of Tristen so I just simply said, "I crashed with Nate and my phone died. I'm sorry, I'm fine though."

Blair released me, holding me at arms length glancing over at Tristen finally noticing him. "Hello... Who are you..." She smiled sweetly, giving him the once over. He was wearing jeans and a tan sweater that complimented his shoulders wonderfully.

"Tristen Jensen. It's a pleasure to meet you, again." He smirked extending his hand out to take hers in his. "Again?" Blair said, utterly confused. I couldn't tell by the look of bewilderment on her face if she was playing dumb or really didn't remember meeting him last night.