Chapter 64

Empire Chapter 64: How The Other Side Lives, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! It's about to get good! I promise the fashion show chapter will have tons of drama and Chuck and Lux moments! ;) Stay Tuned!

Chapter 64

Lux's Point of View

As I walked away from the sleek black limo I felt his presence behind me, like my own shadow. It felt like I could feel him breathing down my neck, and not in the way that I like. Making my way across the packed court yard I spotted Blair and the other girls roosting on the steps. A warm rough hand clamped around my arm stopping me in my tracks. Muttering obscenities under my breath, I turned on my heel to face him. I've come to the conclusion that Chuck Bass is like a plague and he will be the death of me.

"Lux, we need to talk about this. You hurting yourself is bigger than the bullshit between us. You need to go back to the Ostroff Center. I can go with you, if you want." He said quietly, pulling me off to the side by a bunch of rose bushes that smelled heavenly. I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest, keeping space between us, still feeling his hand on my bare arm and the tingling sensations it was causing..

"I'm fine, Chuck. I know you saw the posts on Gossip Girl over the summer. When I went MIA I went into a treatment center. Blair helped me cover it up, because I didn't want anyone to know, especially Nate." I explained in a hushed voice, hinting for him to keep this between us. Chuck ran a hand down the side of his face and pinched the bridge of his nose anxiously. He must have been really worrying himself over seeing my scar last week. I felt a twinge in my heart and shook it away. I'm not letting him back in anymore. I've rid myself of Caleb and now Chuck too.

"I never meant to cause you to hurt yourself. When I left in Tuscany I was being selfish and didn't think." Chuck started to say, as I shook my head and held out a hand signaling for him to just stop talking.

"Don't flatter yourself, Chuck. As much joy as it gives me to blame you for my issues, it's not fair or accurate. This was on me just like all the other times. I slipped up, but I'm handling it." I whispered as some girls walked past in a group. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed as I slowly backed away from him before turning on my heel to head over to Blair and the girls forcing myself not to look back at him.

Blair greeted me with a worried smile, already sensing my agitation. It must be evident on my face. "You okay?" She whispered in my ear after I sat down next to her on the steps. I nodded my head blowing it off and lost the battle with myself, glancing over my shoulder to see Chuck still staring at me. Blair squinted her eyes at me and leaned in as I did the same until our noses touched and we both laughed. It was just a weird thing we did to make each other lighten up.

"Well, ladies I trust that you won't embarrass me tomorrow night." Blair stated as she arched her brow and pulled out a bunch of light blue envelopes that held the invitations to the show and handed them out. Nelly was the first to get hers out of the envelope, her face immediately brightening with excitement.

"Oh my god, these are tickets to your mothers show!" She squealed excitedly, practically jumping up and down on the step shaking Blair's arm. I laughed and peered over Penelope's shoulder to glance at the newspaper Hazel was reading.

"Second row! These are total movie star seats!" Penelope gushed, looking up at Blair. Hazel flipped the newspaper to the next page and that's when I saw the familiar perfect smile and golden blonde hair plastered on the page alongside a mile long article. What the hell?

"Serena is in Women's Wear Daily with Poppy Lifton!" Hazel practically screamed, turning around to show us. Blair's face went pale and her bottom lip twitched slightly as she examined the image in the paper. This is not good. Not good at all. When Blair twitches her lip it usually means she's about to explode and there will be pieces of Waldorf everywhere.