Chapter 43

Empire Chapter 43: Tuscany Awaits, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: Explicit Content in this chapter *warning*

Chapter 43

Lux's Point of View

One Week Later

It's been an entire week since Chuck declared that he wanted more between us. He's been a perfect gentleman the entire week we've spent together. I'm not going to lie or try and brush it off as something that doesn't mean that much to me. He opened up and was vulnerable for once in his life. It feels like I am literally on cloud nine. I was skeptical to believe him at first but the way he looked at me when he told me I knew he was serious about pursuing a future between us. A future between me and Chuck, now there's something I didn't see coming. I don't think anyone did really.

Blair and Serena both seem to be hesitant to except the fact we are exclusively together now, but nonetheless they are happy for me. I finished folding a few light dresses and nestled them into my suitcase resting on the floor before making my way into my closet to look for the appropriate shoes to match them. As I hurried out of the closet I found my two best friends piled on my bed waiting for me. They both smiled and laughed at me. "What?" I asked shoving my wedges into my suitcase. Chuck is going to kill me if I don't leave soon to meet him at the airport.

"Tuscany with Chuck..."Serena said trying on one of the sun hat's I'd found under my bed. I still couldn't believe he had even asked me to go to Tuscany with him. It was all so surreal.

"It sounds romantic minus the Chuck part." Blair added. I rolled my eyes and continued to keep packing while they did nothing helpful whatsoever.

"He invited me. I couldn't say no." I laughed walking over to my dresser and sifting through my socks and pajama drawers to find a few comfy things to wear while I'm gone.

"In his father's private plane?" Serena interjected looking at me toying with the brim of her hat on her head.

"I would be heading to France with Blair anyway. I'm just spending some alone time with Chuck first." I pointed out looking at them over my shoulder giggling.

"Don't you need to pack too?" I said arching my eyebrows at Blair.

"Dorota is handling my affairs. Besides, my flight doesn't leave for a few hours." She reminded me picking up the distinctively pink Victoria's Secret bag beside the bed. She pulled out the sexy black lace lingerie Chuck had bought me for our trip.

"So it's worth a week with Chuck to avoid airport security?" Blair asked dangling the bra in front of my face. I snatched it out of her hand before she collapsed on the bed backwards laughing.

"Oh don't worry. I'm going to frisk him." I laughed winking and tucked the lingerie under a few pairs of jeans in my suitcase.

"Oh my god! My ears are bleeding!" Serena said grabbing her ears and shaking her head violently. She got off the bed and pulled me into a hug while we both laughed.

"What can I say? He brings out the worst in me and weirdly I think I bring out the best in him. He's been a perfect gentleman this entire week. He has been on his best behavior despite my best efforts." I sighed while we all laughed. I rushed into the bathroom after I glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand. I'm so late...I grabbed my toiletries and jammed them and the remainder of my clothes into the suit case.

"Is that why he's making you drive yourself to the airport?" Blair questioned as she rolled onto her side on the bed propping her head up with her hand.

"He's meeting me there. He was waiting for a phone call from his father." I glared up at her while I tried and failed to zip my suitcase up. Serena sat on top of it to help squish everything down and I was able to finish closing it up. I clapped with delight while we both laughed getting to our feet.