Chapter 37

Empire Chapter 37: All About My Brother, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 37

Lux's Point of View

I'm so glad that summer is right around the corner. They say people get really depressed during the winter time and I believe them, whoever 'they' might be. Spring is definitely in the air today. It rained during third period before I left for lunch cleansing the city streets once again and filling the air with that fresh clean scent we all love. Ever since I talked with Chuck this morning and he said that maybe there was a possibility that we could become more than just friends with benefits. Because I've come to terms with that being what we have been these past few months, minus the friends part on occasion.

I had called Blair and informed her of Jenny's little social gathering that we were conveniently not invited too while I walked to meet Serena for lunch. I sipped my green tea and glanced at Serena perched beside me on the steps at The Met. "It's one snub from one party, B. Plus what's the big deal anyway? You two don't even like Asher or Jenny for that matter. " Serena talked into my phone. I had Blair on speaker phone since she was at home for the day.

"I don't care. Who does she think she is? I didn't like last season's Louis Vuitton patchwork bag either, but that doesn't mean I want to see it all over town on Jenny Humphrey's arm." Blair blurted out disgusted. I shook my head and smiled at her ferocity.

"Touché." Serena conceded giggling.

"Lux, I am leaving this one for you to handle since I am walking into Victoria's Secret. Find a way to destroy her and we'll talk battle plans when you get home." Blair handed out the order for execution before hanging up her end of the phone. I snapped my phone shut and placed it securely back into my purse by my feet on the steps.

"Why don't we just all have a girl's night out tonight? I know Blair could use it since everything going on with Nate." I suggested already sort of missing Chuck... He left school early so he and his father could catch a flight out of the city on time.

"I can't tonight. I have dinner with the family in our old suite." Serena said her face turning into a frown. I stuck my tongue out and sighed. It's been forever since we've all hung out for a night on the town together. "Let me remind you of a little promise you made. 'Don't go to Florida I'll be there for you" I reminded her raising my eye brows and staring at her.

"I'm really sorry I've been distant, but things will be better soon, I promise." Serena said rubbing my shoulder. Dan sprinted up the steps towards us out of breath and quickly kissed Serena on the lips before practically falling down onto the steps.

"What's wrong? You look stressed, even for you." Serena pointed out rubbing Dan's shoulder trying to calm him down.

"I'm just worried about Jenny." He told her looking at the ground then back up to us.

"What's going on with Jenny?" I asked showing a fake amount of concern. Blair told me to do a little digging so I might as well do it.

"It's her and this new guy she's dating. I don't know what it is, but there's something off about the guy and she won't listen to me whenever I try talking to her." Dan vented all of his pent up frustrations with his little sister.

"It's just a phase. All of us go through it." Serena smiled reassuring him.

"She's right. Right now the only things that matter to a girl like Jenny are the four G's. Guys, girlfriends and Gossip Girl. If it's not coming from one of them she's not going to hear it." I told him gathering my tea and purse before scampering down the steps...

French class let out right around the same time my phone went off. I hurried out of class while trying to fish it out of the bottom of my bag. This just in- Asher Hornsby spotted locking lips before class but not with his girlfriend. Looks like gentlemen don't prefer blondes, little J. They prefer other gentlemen. Is this just another round of blanks fired between B, L and little J? I'm tired of being the bearer of bad grudges. This is the last item that goes to press without proof. -Gossip Girl...