Chapter 60

Empire Chapter 60: The Last Time, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: So sorry I haven't updated in forever! Another chapter will be posted tonight even if it kills me! Love you all to the moon and back!

Chapter 60

Lux's Point of View

Chucks fingers grazed up and down my bare back as I lied curled into his side with my head on his bare chest. We were content with each other in this perfect moment. It was like Chuck had a way of making my perfect picture come to life when we were together like this. I could see us years from now with a beautiful house in the Hampton's, having lazy Sunday's in bed, so in love, living out our dreams together. But, that's not the case, because we aren't in love and we aren't even together. This is just another one of my many screw ups. But I don't want to think about that right now, it's too late to go back anyway. I just want to lay here next to Chuck in his bed all warm and toasty and live in our fantasy world for a while longer.

Chuck sighed contently and I felt him kiss the top of my head lightly and smiled kissing his chest in return. I ran my fingers up and down his arm tracing the bulging lines of his veins. It will never be like this with anyone else, only him, and that terrifies the hell out of me a little. Even when I had kissed Caleb there were no sparks between us at all. It was hollow and forced on my end. When I kiss Chuck I feel my entire world spinning into another dimension.

"I wanted to tell you something," I said sweetly, lifting my head up to look at him through the darkness. The clock on the night stand read 1:58am. I'd be dead tomorrow at school but I didn't care. Chuck began to play with my hair as he looked down at me with a twisted crooked grin.

"That I'm the best you've ever had? I already know that, princess." He said smirking, so cocky; I rolled my eyes and smacked his chest playfully causing him to chuckle and resume playing with my hair, twirling it in his fingers.

"You're such an ass, that's not what I wanted to tell you!" I laughed as he pulled my lips towards his gently by placing a finger under my chin and tilting my head up towards him.

"What did you want to tell me?" He whispered back, after our lips just barely broke apart, his breath tickling my lips when he breathed.

"It looks like I'll be going to Princeton after all, well, that is if I get in of course. Anne called me this afternoon and told me that my parent's lawyer found some other savings account that had gotten looked over beforehand when they went through all of their financial stuff and there's enough money in the account that I'll be able to pay most of my tuition, with the help of a few academic achievement grants!" I gushed excitedly; at least one thing in my life is finally on track I thought. Chuck kissed me again, smiling or smirking I couldn't tell which through the darkened room. "You're the first person I wanted to tell."

"Lux, that's incredible, I told you it would all work out somehow. I know this world is just going to open up for you. You deserve everything you could ever want and so much more. You'll get into Princeton. They'd be insane not let you in." He whispered sincerely as he tucked some hair behind my ear gently.

"Although, I'm not too keen on you going there if Caleb's going there, he's such a snake. If you ask me he got off way too easy for what he did to Eric." Chuck said adamantly as I cradled his cheek in my hand and bit my lip gently, fighting the urge to kiss him and never stop.

"Please, Bass. I'm not letting him get away with anything. Are you forgetting I live with Blair Waldorf? I mean look up revenge and payback in the dictionary and you'll get a picture of B. I've learned a thing or two. He's not getting into Princeton, because I already sent his record into the admissions department. Caleb Andrews is finished here." I explained cheerfully, arching an eyebrow at him. I'm incredibly protective over my friends, because they aren't just my friends they are my family and if you hurt my family, god help you.