Chapter 66

Empire Chapter 66: The Serena Also Rises, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: Ahh it's time for the fashion show! I've added my own twists to this so I hope you enjoy! Chuck is just getting started for the night! To the guest reviewer with a birthday tomorrow/today HAPPY BIRTHDAY!? More fashion show madness and shenanigans to come!

Chapter 66

Lux's Point of View

I awoke the following morning to the sound of a bunch of birds chirping outside of my bedroom window. Apparently, my fire escape was their new home. I lied curled on my side staring at the clock on the night stand; 11:30am it read. Tonight was going to be perfect. I demanded that tonight would be perfect. The only thing that could ruin tonight for me would be Chuck Bass. Thankfully he's not going to be there. I get to enjoy fashions biggest night out with two of my best friends; that is if I can keep them from pulling each other's hair out. Serena never even told us she'd be watching the show with Poppy instead of backstage with us. There just might be a cat fight in front of the cat walk after all.

It was actually quite satisfying seeing the look on Jenny's face last night when we walked into the atelier with her father in tow. She looked mortified and deep down I really enjoyed that. Sometimes I think Blair's bitchiness has rubbed off on me a bit too much, but then I remember Jenny told Nate about me and Chuck, almost ruining our friendship and then I don't feel so bad for making her feel bad.

Yanking the covers off of myself, I climbed out of bed and walked over to the windows and opened the curtains letting in the morning sunshine. I placed my hands on my hips and smiled. Today was going to be a good day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky or a Bass in sight. Turning on my heel I headed into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for tonight. Blair's makeup was strewn across the counter meaning she'd beaten me up this morning, which meant there'd be no hot water.

I peeled off my tank top and pajama shorts and stepped into the shower, letting the luke warm water spray down onto me. My mind goes through different phases when I think of Chuck. Especially when I'm in the shower and my mind wonders aimlessly. Then I want to slap myself in the face for thinking about Chuck when I'm in the shower. Even though right now I would love to have his strong arms wrapped around me too keep me warm. But, he's an ass so that's not happening.

There's the red phase, that consists of his hands in my hair and his clothes lying on my bedroom floor and his lips on mine. That's when we were the happiest with each other. The red crazy heated wild moments when it's just the two of us out of focus and eye to eye. Then there's the blue phase, the sadness that comes with trying to get him to open up to me about how he feels is like being drowned in the ocean. The harder I fight to reach the surface the harder the waves push me back under. Being able to practically feel the words that he just can't quite let get past his lips by just a single touch of his hand. And finally the dark grey phase, the incredible heartbreaking amount of loneliness that comes after he's disappointed you and turned out to be exactly how you thought he'd be.

Shaking Chuck out of my mind I shut off the water and stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around myself. I padded back into my room and pulled on a black sheer button up floral sleeveless blouse and a black high low skater skirt.. It was actually an outfit Chuck had bought for me when we were in Tuscany. I didn't want to wear it. In fact I wanted to set fire to everything he's ever given me in the bathroom tub, but Blair wouldn't let me. It was going to be so hot backstage behind all of the lighting, so a dress or skirt was the only thing to be worn tonight. I applied mascara and just enough light pink lipstick and blush to make it look like I didn't have anything on at all. Blair and I were supposed to get our hair done and go to lunch before heading over to the show to help Eleanor with any last minute preparations.