Chapter 55

Fanfic: Empire Ch 55, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

Chapter 55

Lux's Point of View

The entire apartment had fallen under a blanket of darkness. Guest's let out panicked mumbles and sighed loudly at the inconvenience bestowed upon us all. Chuck's silhouette stood motionless in front of me, his breath calm and even unaffected by the slight interruption of the lights going out.

"Well, if this isn't a sign. I don't know what is." He whispered clamping his hands on my waist. I pushed past him and looked out the kitchen window to see if we were the only ones that lost power. To my surprise the entire cityscape had dimmed out.

It was as if someone flipped the light switch off to the city. I always found the darkness calming, but right now with Chuck here I found it making me more and more apprehensive. I stared out the window briefly only noticing the lights from the traffic below as they came to a standstill.

"I think we should take this conversation upstairs." Chuck whispered as he somehow managed to find me through the darkened kitchen yet again. He placed his hand on the small of my back, causing me to go slightly weak in the knees. Do not give in to him...Do not give in to him.

"I think you should go jump off the roof." I hissed removing his hand from my back rolling my eyes.

"You know when you talk like that it only turns me on, princess." He countered back causing vomit to work its way up the back of my throat. He's so infuriating.

"Ugh..." I sighed frustrated attempting to get away from him. I keep acting like I don't care about him or what he does, but deep down I swear he's killing me.

"Everyone stay calm! I'm sure the power will be back on in just a second!" Blair yelled from the living room. I pushed my way past Chuck and headed out of the kitchen navigating my way through the darkness trying to find my way back to Caleb. Oh god, I am beyond a terrible person. Here I am in the kitchen practically fornicating with the devils spawn and Caleb's in the other room none the wiser.

Slowly, I made my way through the hordes of people clustered together trying to find any sign of Caleb. If I were him I would have gotten pissed and left. The wait staff wondered around handing out candles for our guests to hold to light the room. I took a lit candle that I was offered and noticed Nate standing in the hallway arguing with Catherine and Vanessa. Well, this should end well I thought as I walked towards them. Maybe I could help do damage control.

"This is a disaster." Blair whined latching her manicured talon on to my arm taking my attention away from Nate and all of his drama unfolding by the elevators. "Vanessa!" He yelled as the curly haired diva disappeared from view. Blair huffed forcing me to look at her.

"It's a citywide blackout, but we have candles. Everything is fine, B. Just breathe and tend to our guests." I said before I excused myself from Blair and wondered out into the foyer to make sure Nate was alright. You could feel Blair rolling her eyes behind my back as I walked away.

"Oh, Lux. Please tell this young lady she can't go outside in this blackout." Marcus's British accent lulled to me as I felt his hand touch my shoulder, spinning on my heel I turned to see the young lady he was referring too. Vanessa. Oh joy...

"Umm, he's right you really shouldn't leave." I said mustering up the best face I could give her. She helped Nate cheat on Blair, so let's just say I'm not the biggest fan of Vanessa's at the moment. Actually, I'm wondering why the hell she's even here. Nate is stupid, but I didn't think he'd be so stupid as to bring her to Blair's doorstep. I'm clearly out of the loop here on many things.