Chapter 65

Empire Chapter 65: Shoeless & Clueless, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 65

Lux's Point of View

It took almost an hour to make it over the Brooklyn Bridge due to construction and traffic. Once we finally made it across we ended up at Dan & Jenny's. I knew they didn't come from money, but in all honesty where they resided wasn't all that bad. The brick high rise apartment building they lived in had a certain rustic charm to it, along with the whole city of Brooklyn. New York is packed with millions of people and Brooklyn is no exception either. Brooklyn is a huge borough- the most populous in NYC in fact. There's an even bigger ethnicity here, you can practically go around the world in sixty seconds just walking a few blocks in either direction.

Blair's current sole mission was to eliminate Jenny Humphrey from the Upper East Side. They only way to do that was to let Mr. Humphrey in on the secrets she's been keeping under lock and key. According to Headmistress Queller, Jenny Humphrey hasn't been to school in over two weeks, which means she's been hiding out at Eleanor's atelier being a little busy worker bee. When she got the internship with Waldorf Designs she should have known better than to accept it. Of all the design companies in New York someone else could have taken her under their wing for a short lived internship. Instead of walking away Jenny has wormed her way back into the Upper East Side yet again and become Eleanor's favorite. Someone could just gag me now.

"Tell me again, why we stopped for chicken noodle soup?" I asked Blair skeptically, as we climbed the flight of stairs leading all the way up to the Humphrey residence. Blair gave me a sideways glance then sniffed the container of chicken noodle soup in her hands scrunching up her nose.

"I don't think this can even qualify as chicken noodle, but I told you it's just a prop." Blair smirked as we rounded the corner and came to our final set of stairs. Leave it to B to spring for props for a takedown; she's always been one with a flair for the dramatics. My legs were burning already. I guess they're too poor to spring for an apartment complex with an elevator.

We stopped at the top of the stairway seeing only one set of double doors. Blair strode over to them and knocked a few times. I saw a sign downstairs saying this building used to be an old firehouse station or something. There was a rustling on the other side of the door followed by footsteps, and then the door opened. Standing before me was a scruffy older guy with dark hair with the fashion sense of a 90's grunge rock band. Blair and I smiled timidly.

"Blair, what could we have done to deserve a visit from you?" Mr. Humphrey asked with a slight lilt to his voice, eyeing us both suspiciously. I guess Jenny must have informed him we were the mean girls at Constance.

"We heard poor Jenny wasn't feeling well, so we brought her some chicken soup to help with a speedy recovery." Blair explained sweetly, batting her eyelashes innocently putting on the Waldorf charm. She extended the plastic container of chicken noodle soup out to Mr. Humphrey who accepted it rather cautiously. Seriously, dude its soup not a ticking time bomb.

"While that's thoughtful of you both, I think you have the wrong information." Mr. Humphrey informed us, as Blair and I shared a rehearsed confused look with one another. I faked a gasp and shook my head bewildered.

"You mean Jenny's not sick? That's strange. When we ran into Headmistress Queller, she told me Jenny Humphrey hadn't been to school in ten days due to a bad case of mono. Apparently, her mother called to make sure the school knew." Blair informed him cheerfully, hiding her enjoyment in revealing the truth spectacularly behind her confused bambi face. I swear she should become an actress, because this girl can act.

"You know that Jenny's working with your mom tonight. I also know that you don't have my daughter's best interests at heart." Mr. Humphrey pointed out, glaring at both us standing in the doorway. He crossed his arms over his chest giving us both disapproving looks.