Chapter 82

Chapter 82: Frat Thingy

Lux's Point of View

"Get your hands off of me! Or what, are you trying to kill me too? I wouldn't put it past you!" Blair screeched as Serena shoved her out onto the front porch. I sighed loudly as I slammed the door to the deans home shut behind me, sparing the guests inside from witnessing their atrocious behavior. Blair and Serena have taken this to far, like they always do. I've had enough...

"Do I need to remind you two that your prospective professors are standing on the other side of the door right now?" I hissed trying to keep my voice down. I skulked past Serena and peeked in the bay window. The party was still in full swing, only a few prying eyes were looking in our direction through the window.

"I don't think it really matters now, does it? I doubt either of us will get in! A guy dies and you use it as part of a game! Who does that!" Serena yelled, furious. I shook my head and rolled my eyes, feeling the porch slightly swaying or myself slightly swaying. Alcohol is not my friend tonight. Blair has done some questionably things in the past, but this is a new low.

"Blair, why?" I attempted to plead with her. But, we were beyond that point. Her nostrils flared as she stood rigidly facing off with Serena a few feet away.

"It isn't a game, and this isn't just another thing on a laundry list. This is Yale, my dream. You crossed the line when you showed up here!" Blair hurled back at her. My stomach was in knots watching this all play out before me and not having a clue how to fix it. That's always been my job. I fix things. I'm the peacemaker between all three of us. Right now I just feel like a very small chihuahua between to snarling Rottweilers.

"And so did you when you brought up Pete! As far as my being here, you take that up with the school." Serena hissed, turning on her heel to head back inside to rejoin the party. I through my hands in the air and scoffed walking over to place my hands on the porch railing.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small black object being hurled across the porch, followed by a small thud and a Yelp from Serena. I turned, my mouth gapping open to see that Blair had thrown her clutch purse directly at the back of Serena's head.

"You did not just do that!" Serena whirled around to face her. Blair cocked her head to the side with devilish smirk etched across her face.

"Why did you think you were invited? You know on paper you're not Yale material. Could it be your face on "page six," your name everywhere?Face it, Serena. Yale needs to up their "q" rating, just like all the other schools, and they're gonna use girls like you to do it!" Blair stated, obviously coming to the same conclusion I had come to earlier this evening. I watched Serena's eyes bulge out of her head as she lunged for Blair.

"Would you just shut up! Shut up!" She screamed latching her talons onto Blairs hair. I stood their watching them come to physical blows with one another.

"I hate these stupid headbands!" Blairs headband flew past my head as they screamed and screeched pulling each other's hair.

This weekend was supposed to be fun. I didn't even try to pull them apart as I walked around them. If they want to kill each other they can go right ahead. I'm done.

"You know what? I'm going to get drunk and have fun. Let me know if I have to attend another funeral in the morning!" I yelled as I stumbled down the front steps and made my way down onto the sidewalk, leaving them behind me. This isn't how were supposed to treat each other...

The cool night air cut through my plaid dress, making me remember that I'd left my light brown leather jacket at the deans house. I was already a few streets over and didn't intend on going back to retrieve it. Music thumped loudly from a frat house in the distance. As I walked down the sidewalk a black Beamer pulled up beside me, I turned my head as I kept walking to see the window being rolled down.