Chapter 6

Empire Chapter 6, a gossip girl fanfic |

Chapter 6

Lux's Point of View

Five o'clock rolled around way too early for me. I rolled over under the warm blankets and smacked my hand on top of the alarm clock to stop the incessant buzzing. Nate and the Captain will be here soon for our run this morning. I crawled out of bed and washed up in the bathroom pulling my hair into a high pony tail, then pulled on a pair of black yoga styled running pants, a black tank top and a light blue hoodie and headed downstairs. The apartment was quiet and silent as I made my way towards the elevator, although I could hear Dorota bustling around in the kitchen.

I headed into the lobby and sat down on one of the benches and waited for Nate and the Captain to arrive. They did about ten minutes later and we were off.

We usually got a coffee at one of the stands and small talked for a while and then ran through Central Park for about an hour. It was impossible to keep up with either of them. I was out of breath and soaked in sweat as we came to the center of the park and stopped. My heart was racing and I had a pure adrenaline rush. I loved the feeling of running though, it was relaxing to me. I rested my hands on my knees and tried to cool off as the slightly warm morning breeze cut through the park. The sound of the traffic filled my ears. There's nothing like living in New York.

"Try not to cut me off next time. You almost ran me into a bench back there." Captain said, as he looked at Nate and me accusingly. He reminded me a lot of my father. He was a tall well-spoken man, who worked non-stop to take care of his family.

"We didn't cut you off." We both laughed out at the same time and shook our heads, but the Captain had a stern look on his face. Apparently he's not in a joking mood. Nate looked at me and rolled his eyes before turning away. I nudged him with my shoulder to get him to snap out of it.

"We didn't mean too." I said, giving him a warm smile. He patted me on the shoulder as Nate looked at the blacktop as we walked along.

"You win fair and square and nothing could make me prouder, until you get into the ole alma mater that that is." The Captain spoke. Nate let out a sigh, and shook his head slightly. His dad has been pushing him to attend Dartmouth since he was in kindergarten.

"Dad we talked about this. About me keeping my options open and looking out west." Nate said, as I stopped at a small vendor cart and bought a green tea for Nate and myself. As I waited in line I could hear the Captain giving Nate a hard time about wanting to go to a different college. His entire life has been planned out for him by his parents and now he wants to change the game plan and I think that's what is scaring them.

Nate's lucky though, both of his parents are still around, clueless and buried in their work but nevertheless still around. I'd give anything to have my father pressuring me about what college I wanted to apply too.

"Dad said he'd see you later." Nate mumbled as I handed him his drink. We sipped on our teas as we slowly made our way out of the park. The trees were already starting to change colors for the season. The bright green leaves were now speckled with drops of yellow.

Nate wasn't in much of a talking mood, but it was still bothering me that he never told me about what happened with him and Serena. I mean he's like my big brother almost, we talk about everything. He's the only person that knows what happened to me after my parents died... Blair doesn't even know surprisingly. I thought we had enough trust between us. I took a drink and looked at him as we walked.

"So when were you ever going to tell me about the whole Serena situation?" I blurted out, while he rolled his eyes and looked straight ahead. He shrugged his shoulders and glanced at me.