Chapter 18

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter guys! There's some fluff in this chapter just to warn you! Let me know whatcha think, maybe? :) As always thanks so much for the follows favorites and of course favorite reviews! I'm trying my best to keep this not so AU'ish and keep Chuck in character!

Chapter 18

Lux's Point of View

The first Thanksgiving without my parent;s was incredibly tough, but spending it with my friends whom are like my family really helped me get through it. Surprisingly, having Chuck helped me get through it too. I never imagined him flying home early just so I wouldn't be all alone. He shocks me on a daily basis, and I can't help but smile when he gets brought up in casual conversation with the girls. Then I immediately hide it and hope they didn't see. He's been so sweet to me that I find myself constantly thinking about him, and wondering if he's thinking about me... My mind feels like mush whenever we are together, which hasn't been much as of late, Nate's been hogging all of his attention.

I've seen him in the halls at school and we text constantly, but we haven't had any alone time in what feels like forever. Maybe he's already bored with me I thought as I walked behind Serena and Blair getting lost in my own thoughts and doubts.

He is Chuck Bass after all; the guy's never had a girlfriend that I've ever known. Not that I'm claiming to be his girlfriend because that would be absurd, right? I wanted to face palm myself as we walked through the busy streets of New York. I looked around at all of the busy streets and people with their busy lives just steadily hustling about. Loud horns blared as we picked up the pace on the sidewalk.

"We are so late!" Blair snapped, as we cut across the street quickly. We were hurrying downtown to get to dance rehearsals for the Debutante Ball that's coming up in a few days.

"Well if someone wouldn't have taken an hour to run home and change we would be on time!" I reminded her. She rolled her eyes as we all laughed.

"I'm having dinner with Nate after practice; I couldn't possibly go out wearing my school uniform, now could I?" Blair looked at me pointedly. I rolled my eyes as she looped her arm through my own. God forbid the world see our Queen Bee dressed in her school uniform while not at school.

"The New York Times has chosen me, for their "Night Out With" article. I'm going to give them the most perfect night out of the year!" Blair cooed with excitement, as we approached the street the dance studio was on.

"So is your mom mad that you're not being presented?" Blair asked Serena.

"She doesn't really have a leg to stand on since I found out that she used to be my boyfriend's dads biggest fan." Serena said, while I shuddered at the thought. "That's just gross on so many levels." I blurted out half laughing. I mean talk about an awkward double date.

"And you, I can't believe you aren't even coming either!" Blair said, shaking my arm. I'd decided to opt out of being a part of the ball this year. It was something my mother and I used to do together and I just don't have the heart to do it now that she's gone.

"I'm sorry, I just can't...But, Serena and I are here for your moral support!" I said, as she shook her head at me.

"Serena's only here because she's meeting her grandmother and Brooklyn boy, and you're only here to stalk Chuck presumably." Blair stated as we walked into The Prescott Dance studio building.

"Shut up! I am not! I told you we haven't seen each other anymore." I told her through gritted teeth as we walked into the dance room. Practice had already started to begin; a group was maneuvering about to the waltz that was being played on the piano.