Chapter 87: A Wager Fit For A Bass

Chapter 87

Chuck's Point of View

There's nothing quite like autumn in New York, or should I say there's nothing quite like watching Lux in autumn in New York. Serena and Eric were walking down the sidewalk up ahead as Lux meandered along beside me looking at all of the autumn decorations lining the stoops we walked past. She smiled at every pumpkin, every basket filled with beautiful maroon colored mums, every leaf laden wreath hanging on the doors.

The burnt orange and yellow leaves hanging on the trees lining the sidewalk were her favorite thing though. She told me she loved the colors in autumn and how bright they were before they lost it all due to winter.

That was one of the many things I remembered her telling me back when we were...us. I guess the mind just doesn't forget those things, no matter how hard I tried.

"What?" Lux snapped at me, pulling me out of my own personal heaven. I hadn't even realized I'd been gawking at her as we walked. Why we weren't taking the car to school was still a question swirling in the back of my mind. I hated walking or any kind of physical activity that didn't involve anything sexual really.

"Nothing." I shrugged, blowing off her question. She eyed me suspiciously and I felt my heartbeat increase. Her eyes continued to graze over me as we walked causing me to smirk. She couldn't get enough of me, as much as she likes to think she hates me, she doesn't.

"You know your tie is crooked?" She pointed out. I smirked. She grabbed my arm and caused me to stop walking so she could straighten it out. Just like old times. She couldn't help herself. The perfectionist in her just couldn't be controlled when it came to a crooked tie.

I felt her hands brushing against my chest as she decided to untie my tie and redo the whole thing to her satisfaction. Who am I to deny her any form of satisfaction? She glanced up at me to see the sloppy grin on my face. "Why are you smirking Bass? Why are your ties always crooked, it's ridiculous?" She paused, her hands pressed against my chest holding the ends of the striped tie in them.

"How do you know I don't make them crooked on purpose?" I challenged her.

"Why would you purposely put a tie on wrong? That's popostrous!" She scrunched up her nose in concentration as she all but finished retying my tie.

"Because you being the weird perfectionist that you are can't stand it and you fix it. Every single time. It's the perfect way to get you close to me." I admitted, not even hiding the grin on my lips. Her fingers froze on the tie and she glared up at me through her long eyelashes and then she pulled the tie extra tight around my neck without warning, practically choking me.

I coughed and smirked. Should have seen that coming.

"You're all set." She chirped, smacking me gently on the cheek and turning on her heel to catch up to Serena and Eric.

I laughed, loosening the tie around my neck as I walked after her.

Lux's Point of View

Damn that motherchucker! Damn him to hell. How dare he bait me like that? How stupid am I to fall for that crap? Ugh. If he were a cockroach I would just squish him on the sidewalk. I didn't have to glance over my shoulder to know that Chuck was right behind me. I could feel his eyes on my ass as it swayed with each step. I thought about walking backwards just to spite him, but then he'd be looking directly at me, and that just does things to me that I don't like.

"What's next, no TV until after you finish your homework?" Serena spat out angrily. I caught up to her falling in step with her and Eric, leaving Chuck behind us.