Chapter 49

Empire Chapter 49: Boy's & Brunch, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: Hey guys! Back with a chapter sooner than I thought! Hope you like it! I also started a book blog which if your interested you can find it at girlathome 1994 . blogspot. com (omit the spaces)

Please review! :)

Chapter 49

Lux's Point of View

Having Chuck ask me to stay there with him and refusing him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to talk myself into doing. Every inch of me ached for him. I wanted things to be the way they were in Tuscany before he tucked his tail between his legs and ran off like a scared little boy. A part of me enjoyed torturing him by leaving with Caleb, while another part of me wanted to get out of his truck and run and wrap my arms around Chuck and tell him it didn't matter that he was scared. We could work things out. But, I didn't and I won't.

We drove down the road heading to the beach in an incredibly awkward silence. Caleb glanced over at me and noticed how many times I had wiped my eyes. "Are you alright?" He asked letting his eyes drift back to the road before us. I nodded my head and smiled. "Perfect. It's just allergies." I lied beaming back at him. In all honesty I really didn't want to go to some raging bonfire. I just wanted to make Chuck think I was going to the bonfire with an incredibly gorgeous guy. It's cruel and unfair to Caleb I thought. He didn't deserve that. Just because I want to hurt Chuck like he hurt me doesn't mean I have to stoop so low.

"Actually, if it's not too much trouble would you mind taking me home?" I asked as we came to a stop at a red light in town. I felt awful for using him like I did. He seemed like a really sweet guy and I didn't want to lead him on.

"Yeah, it's no problem at all. Are you sure?" Caleb asked looking at me from across the truck. He reached over and turned the dial to the radio off and kept his eyes on me.

"I have a killer headache and I probably won't be much fun." I lied again. He smirked and shook his head accepting the fact as the light turned green. We made a left hand turn and headed back out into the country towards Serena's grandmothers home.

"This headache wouldn't have anything to do with the guy back at the party, Chuck or whatever?" He asked catching me off guard. I laughed surprised that he'd figured it out. Then again I'm a terrible liar so it makes sense. "Is it that obvious?" I asked laughing nervously as we turned on to my street. He remembered where I lived since he had just worked here the other morning.

"A little bit." He joked holding his hand up emphasizing the small amount space between his fingers.

"It's really complicated." I said running my fingers through my hair as we pulled into the driveway. Caleb shut off the truck and nodded his head in understanding.

"I understand. I just got out of a two year relationship with my girlfriend. So I'm guessing you guys dated then?" Caleb asked innocently just trying to be nice. I looked out the window at the freshly cut evergreen lawn and then back at him nodding my head.

"If I explained the whole story your ears would bleed." I tried to brush it off. I doubt he wants to hear about the tumultuous relationship between Chuck and me.

"I get it. You don't want to spill all your dirt to the new guy. " He teased holding his hands up in mock surrender. I laughed and smiled. "It's not that at all." I played along.

"Well maybe since you're bailing on me tonight you'd like to join me in the morning for breakfast in town. You can tell me about Chuck or not tell me about Chuck. I'll tell you about Courtney, or not." He offered smirking at me. I lowered my head and chewed on my lip.