Chapter 44

Empire Chapter 44: Bad Boy's & Bikini's, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has reviewed!

Chapter 44

Lux's Point of View

After we landed on the coast of Tuscany our car took us to our waterfront Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte. It was beautiful here with all of the hotels and businesses nestled just off the coast. Staccato covered buildings sat upon gorgeous rocks that jutted out into the water holding the city up above the lapping waves below. Chuck spared no expense when it came to the room either. Apparently, Mr. Bass frequents this hotel quite a lot on his business trips so they always have a master suite on standby for anyone with the Bass name. Being with a Bass definitely has it perks.

I awoke slowly on our third day here tangled in the cream colored silk sheets of our king sized bed. Chuck and I had gotten in pretty late from our long day out exploring the city and ended up having an even longer night in bed. I could smell the salt water from the beach wafting into our room from the open French double doors to our private patio. Sitting up in bed I realized Chuck wasn't in bed beside me. A frown formed on my face as I sat up and pulled on one his button up shirts that had gotten thrown on the chair in the corner of the room. Barefoot I made my way out onto the patio to find Chuck relaxing in one of the chairs drinking a cup of coffee. This entire experience felt like a dream. Being here in Italy with Chuck felt so right and so unreal all at the same time.

The rhythmic sounds of the waves chasing each other up onto the shore then receding back out into the water filled my ears as I rested my hands on the stone railing that overlooked the ocean. My hair blew wildly with the wind as I felt Chuck wrap his arms around my waist from behind me. I turned around to face him and locked my arms around his neck. "Good morning, princess." He whispered leaning in for a sweet tender kiss. "Morning." I smiled back at him.

"So I got a call from my father. He and Lily have decided to extend their honeymoon for a few more days. They'll be here sometime tonight. They want to have dinner with us. Is that alright with you?" Chuck asked tucking loose tendrils of my sun kissed hair behind my ear.

"Absolutely, I'm sure you're dying to see him." I replied kissing him before he led me over to the dining table on the patio that was full of fresh delectable fruit and coffee. Chuck pulled out my chair so I could sit then sat across from me at the table. I was mesmerized by how beautiful the beach was. The clear blue water was breathtaking.

"It's beautiful here." I whispered taking it all in.

"Yeah, you are." Chuck replied awestruck staring at me with his head cocked to the side. I blushed immediately and shook my head while he let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, our night may be preplanned with my father and new stepmother. But, the day is still ours. What do you want to do today?" Chuck asked as he ate some fruit off of his plate and sipped his coffee.

"We haven't checked out the beach yet?" I suggested raising my eyebrows at him before I sipped on a glass of orange juice. Chuck mulled the idea over in his head before shaking his head yes.

"Spending a day at the beach staring at you in a tiny bikini sounds like paradise." Chuck beamed while I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. He looked at me with a mischievous glimmer in his dark chocolaty eyes.

"Then I guess I better go get ready." I smirked tossing a grape at him as I got up from the table. He laughed and watched me walk back into the room.

After taking a quick shower I pulled on a black polka dotted bikini and a pair of blue crochet denim shorts. I twisted my hair into a bun as I padded out of the bathroom to grab a white tank top to put on as a cover up. Chuck frowned when he looked at me as he got up off the couch.