Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Lux's Point of View

"With Blair's boyfriend Nate helping to close up the family yacht for the season, Blair is free to focus on the most important event of the fall-her annual sleepover, a tradition since the year 2000, Each one more decadent than the last. No expense or reputation is spared. With everything from trundle bed s to truffles in place, all that's missing is sleepover star Blair Waldorf and B.F.F Serena Van Der Woodsen." I read the blast aloud to Blair as we walked to the courtyard for lunch. I laughed as I put my phone in my bag and looked at Blair who was beaming with satisfaction. Her annual sleepover was the event of the year in her eyes and apparently Gossip Girls, whoever that might be.

Half of me always wondered if it was Blair who ran it herself, until the time she puked all over herself on New Year's Eve in Time Square and the photo went viral. Of course we spun the story to make it look like some drunken guy in his inebriated state had done the deed accidently all over Blair. No one could know that the Queen B herself ever gets sick. Only after drinking a little too much Gin that is.

"All of your hard work and preparations are about to pay off, or I should say Dorota's." I said, as we stopped at our table. I sat on the top of the table next to Blair while the other girls in our group flowed out around us. I was the only one eating though.

"Everything is in place. It's going to be the event of the year, or at the very least one of the best." Blair bragged, while I ate my fruit salad. Our entire apartment had been in chaos this morning. Blair had trundle beds brought in and set up in the sitting room. A full dessert bar was to be brought in later today, as well as clothes from Eleanor's boutique.

Eleanor has pretty much granted Blair's every request after choosing Serena over her to participate in her photo shoot, even after we sort of stole half of the clothes and held our own shoot downtown. I looked up to see Serena and Jenny coming into the courtyard. Jenny smiled and waved and I waved back. "Okay, love you too Eric. I'll see you tonight." Serena said, hanging up her phone and slipping it into her bag.

"What's that, Eric's coming home?" Blair quipped as she rose to her feet to greet Serena. I threw my plastic bowl in the trash and stood by Blair's side. I readjusted my grey sweater on my shoulder as I spotted Chuck walking by while he was talking to some reddish blonde haired girl who looked like a sophomore. He nodded his head in my direction as I gave him a small smile and waved. Why the hell am I waving to him? I mentally slapped myself and focused on the girls talking.

Here lately every time I'm around Chuck he act's...well...normal and polite and dare I say...sweet. Usually he treats me like he treats every other girl, but he's been being weird and I don't understand why. Granted, it is Chuck he does have some borderline weird qualities, but being a gentleman was never one of them.

"It sounds like it." Serena replied, happily. I'm glad Eric is getting the chance to go home. The Ostroff Center is so depressing, even just to go in there for an appointment. But yet, the place was designed to treat depression. Go figure. I couldn't imagine living there.

"Well it gives your mother and brother time to bond alone tonight while you get drunk on schnapps and moon the NYU dorms from the limo." Blair laughed out. Serena seemed lost in the conversation, she probably forgot about the sleepover. Although I don't know how, Blair's been yammering on about it for days.

"Oh right, the sleepover!" It clicked together in her mind; she ran her hand through her hair.

"I prefer soiree. Sleepover is so sophomore year." Blair corrected her.

"You know I have that plan with Dan. The guy you determined was human and worthy of your time. But maybe we can stop by later or something." Serena reminded her. I started to pack up my notebooks in my bag and noticed Chuck watching me again. He looked away as soon as I looked up. I felt the fluttering in my chest when I caught him doing it once again. He smirked before making his way back inside. What was that all about?