Chapter 19

Hope you guys like this one! Leave a review or two! I only said that because it rhymed by the way! If you're wondering what Lux's dress looks like it's the black lace gown taylor swift is wearing in her blank space video! :)

Chapter 19

Lux's Point of View

Chuck and I spent four hours searching for a dress. He was miserable the entire time, but he didn't complain about how long it took. He actually snuck into one of the dressing rooms and made out with me in one store after that I dismissed him. He was making it nearly impossible to find the perfect dress. I'd come across a gorgeous black Elie Saab gown featuring sheer lace sleeves and cutouts. I have a thing for lace I don't know why. It cost over two thousand dollars, when I'd texted Chuck and told him he demanded that I buy it. So I did.

So here I am standing in my bedroom dressed to the nines in this amazingly beautiful dress that I can hardly breathe in smiling. Blair was over the moon when I told her I changed my mind about attending the ball. She flitted into my room and handed me a pair of black heels. I slipped them on carefully trying not to fall and break my neck.

"How did you buy that dress?" Blair asked, touching the lace on my arm.

"Umm...my grandparents." I lied, straightening myself out and looking in the mirror.

"No, no way your grandparents bought you that. One they live in Florida and two your grandfather would faint if he saw you in something that sexy." Blair countered staring me down. I gulped and searched for my purse.

"He bought it for you didn't he?" Blair squealed as we descended the staircase to the foyer of our apartment. I flinched and stopped on the steps to look at her.

"Lux, why? I thought you were over him. You said it was a mistake. I'm trying to save you from getting your heart broken here and you are blatantly ignoring me." Blair hissed, while I lowered my head. I know I shouldn't trust him, I know he's too good to be true...but when we are alone it's different. He's a different guy.

"I know, okay? I know. But, I don't know. I just want to enjoy tonight. " I whispered as we walked to the foyer.

"I've said my peace; I'll be here waiting when he leaves you heartbroken." Blair said flatly while we rode the elevator down to the lobby...

We arrived at The Palace Hotel a little after eight o'clock that night. The hotel was packed with people dressed in expensive gowns and suits. Waiters glided throughout the party passing out flutes of champagne even though half of us were underage. Of course that didn't stop Serena, Blair and I from enjoying a glass in the confines of the ladies room. After heading out into the lobby we took our places on the staircase. I spotted Nate and Chuck as they walked up the staircase to meet Blair and myself.

"I'm glad to see you decided to join us. Your mom would be so proud of you Lux." Nate said, pulling me into a hug then kissing Blair on the cheek. I smiled and glanced at Chuck. He looked at me in awe.

"Thanks, Nate. I'm just glad Chuck was available to be my escort." I said, smiling. Nate snorted and took his spot on the opposite side of the staircase across from Blair.

"Yeah, I had to convince him to do it." Nate chuckled out.

"Oh, really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. Chuck smirked and rolled his eyes.

That's when I noticed Carter Baizen walking up the steps. I was shocked to see him here. Why the hell is he here? I looked at Blair and Serena and noticed Carter smiling at Serena. Is he her escort? I thought Dan was her escort. What the hell is going on? "Why is Baizen here?" I whispered to them.