Instagram Challenge

For the record, I don't actually have Instagram so I'm making this up. Sorry if it's totally inaccurate. Enjoy :)

Peter was done with life.

Correction: Peter was done with Flash. The boy had become so obnoxious it was starting to be funny. For example, today he had started boasting to Peter about how many followers he had on Instagram.

"I bet you've only got three - your one friend and your two parents. Oh wait, make that zero. My bad. I won't even tell you how many I have, because your brain is too small to even understand-" 

An uno reverse card hit Flash in the face. Nobody will ever know where it came from, or where it went.

Peter actually had a photography account with a few hundred followers, but he wasn't going to let Flash ruin that for him too.

"Okay, I'm officially fed up of this," MJ said, gesturing between the two boys. Where she came from, nobody knows either. "I'm going to set you a challenge. Both of you create a new account, but it has to be anonymous, with no profile picture. You can post whatever you want. Flash, if you get more followers than Peter, you've proven your point. If Peter gets more than you, you have to leave him alone or I'll tell everyone Peter's more popular than you are."

"Fine," Flash agreed instantly. "Puny doesn't even stand a chance."

Peter had stayed up late patrolling last night, then stayed up early removing a bullet from his side, then spent approximately 2 seconds asleep, so he was barely functioning from lack of both sleep and blood.

"Sure," he said. "Bring it on."

About an hour later, in the middle of calculus, he realised what he'd agreed to. "WAIT NO!" He yelled, bolting out of his chair. Everyone turned to stare, and he sat back down sheepishly.

On the way out of school, MJ gave him a Significant Look.

Peter had regrets. Many, many regrets.

But, he thought as he sat, staring at the Sign up here button, this was an opportunity. If he won, Flash would have to leave him alone or have his pride shredded by MJ.

Peter sighed, and created an anonymous account. He stared for a moment at the grey profile image, then put his suit on and swung to the Avengers Tower.

He still wasn't entirely sure whether he should be doing this before getting at least an hour's worth of sleep, but before he could think about it too much, he hit the record button.

For a moment, he stared at the camera, and it stared back.

"Okay, I... You know what, I'm not even going to explain." He closed his eyes, took a deep breath during which he regretted all of his life choices, then hopped off the top of the A, flashing a peace sign with one hand as he gripped his phone with the other, then did a series of backflips as he hurtled towards the pavement. At the last moment, he shot a web straight up, and ended the video just as his web arm was jerked almost out of its socket. He stayed dangling for a moment, then headed back home before Mr Stark came out to yell at him again.

Sat on his bad again, Peter watched the video. It started off clear, but as soon as he started flipping, it became a blur of colour and movement, with occasional flashes of his mask, the Avengers tower, and the approaching floor. After several seconds, the whole image jerked, then the video ended. All in all, it was a terrible video.

Peter didn't bother applying any filters before he posted the video, then he settled down to do homework.