Bully

TW: Physical bullying, a bit dark

Flash barged into the alley beside the school and scowled to find it empty. He'd expected it - Peter hadn't been in school all day - but that didn't make it any better. Parker would regret blowing off Flash Thompson, and he knew just the way to make sure he did.

"Wh-what are you doing?" A boy in the year below yelped as Flash grabbed his wrist just outside the school gates and yanked him off the street. "Stop!"

Flash ignored him, letting his anger and frustration take over as he released the pain of the past few days on the nameless boy. It was only when he heard something snap loudly that he stopped, breathing hard. The boy was screaming, wailing like a siren. Peter never did that.

"Knock it off!" Flash muttered, throwing a kick into the boy's side for good measure. The boy gave a strangled whimper. Flash left him there and went home. He lay in his room and watched videos online until he came to one that made him cringe. A villain had cut Spider-Man's web mid-swing, and he had fallen several stories. Luckily he'd been fighting alongside one of the Avengers, who rushed him off after dealing with the bad guy. 

Flash checked the date - it had only been this morning. Flash hoped his favourite hero was okay.

The next day in school, Parker was back, but this time with crutches. Apparently he'd been hit by a car or something. Flash didn't really care. Everybody was staring at him, and whispers followed him around. He was about to snap at someone to stop gawking when Peter hobbled in front of him. Flash scowled.

"Get out of my way!"

"We had a deal, Flash! You said you wouldn't hurt anyone else." The anger in the other boy's tone made Peter take a step back.

"You broke the deal! You're supposed to be there every day!"

"My leg is broken!"

"I don't get what the big deal is! You seem fine, I'm sure he'll get over it," Flash scoffed, just as the principal materialised at the end of the hall. 

"Thompson! My office, now!"

Flash looked around and several pair of eyes hastily moved away. Eyebrows raised in fake bravado, he swaggered after the principal.

Flash blinked, glad he was already sitting down. The principal's words barely reached him.

"...broken rib... internal bleeding... possible punctured lung... hospital for months... illegal!...press charges... suspended!"

Flash shook his head, in a daze. The kid he'd hit yesterday... "He almost died?" Flash repeated shakily. It couldn't be true. He hit Peter like that every day. Worse, when he felt like it.

"Yes. Like I said, you're extremely lucky that his family have decided not to press charges."

Somebody came to pick Flash up and take him home, and he sat in his room in stunned silence. How? How had Peter managed to... oh. Oh.

It all clicked. Peter's insistence that he take all the beatings. His constant lack of bruising the day afterwards, or any serious injuries. His absence yesterday after he was supposedly hit by a car. Spider-Man falling off a building yesterday morning.

Flash sat alone in his room, and sobbed.