Flash is Spider-Man?!

Peter stared at the news, face blank.

"Just yesterday Spiderman revealed himself to the world as Eugene 'Flash' Thompson, son of wealthy businessman... "

Peter blinked twice, then burst out laughing.

Fine, he thought, let's see how long this lasts.

"Peter, honey, you're going to be late!" May called from the kitchen. Peter quickly grabbed his bag, said bye to his aunt, and headed towards the station.

At school, he was met by a red faced Ned.

"How dare he," he growled, "you can't let him get away with this!"

Peter shrugged. "He'll give himself away sooner or later."

His best friend stared after him as he made his way to class.

All in all, it was a good day. Flash was so preoccupied with his new fans that he forgot all about Peter, and Peter got to spend some quality time with his friends. He also got to see how much everybody loved Spiderman by watching them talk to Flash, and how they would react to him if he revealed himself. It only served to convince him that he never wanted to reveal himself.

He would let Flash continue with the lie.

But that didn't mean he couldn't have some fun.

May was working late, so instead of heading straight home, Peter changed into his suit and followed Flash home. When he was alone and Peter was sure that nobody would see, he crawled round the side of a building and made eye contact with Flash. He pointed two fingers at his eyes, then towards Flash in the universal symbol for I'm watching you.

Afterwards, (back in civilian clothes), he stopped at a corner store and bought a $5 phone.

This was going to be fun.

Peter

Flash

Hey 'Flash'

Who is this?

Your worst nightmare

Jk I'm Spiderman

No you can't be I am

Mmhm

Didn't you see me earlier?

Nice house btw

OMG ur legit Spiderman

Told you

I'm really sorry I didn't mean to upset you Mr Spiderman sir. Please don't expose me it's really important to me.

Lol don't sweat it.

???

I think it's hilarious

I'm willing to play along for a bit, but there are some things you need to know.

Thank you thank you thank you

We need to talk

Can I ask why ur doing this? Why not let me expose myself?

1) it's hilarious

2) I was going to let you, but then I realised that if you get called in for a mission you could get hurt so you need a way to contact me

3) if you go to see the avengers (which you probably will) they'll figure you out immediately if you act wrong.

So where can we talk