End Credit (nwh spoilers)

The credits rolled.

The audience sat in stunned silence, wiping at damp eyes.

A couple of non-believers left the cinema (fools) but the true fans waited.

Baited breath as the music built, trying to believe, not daring to hope.

There was no way to fix this.

Was there?

They couldn't leave it like this.

The credits stopped and the scene switched back to the cafe as Peter walked out of the door with his coffee.

MJ stared after him, then exchanged a glance with Ned, her mask slipping. She wasn't sure whether to cry or scowl.

They thought it would be funny, but she couldn't stand the thought of him being sad any longer. He was meant to remind her and then she would tell him she remembered and it was okay and it would be romantic and had he actually written a letter for her but why didn't he read it didn't he love her anymore what if he didn't want her to remember but then why would he write a letter maybe he thought- did he think this was what she wanted? That she was happy without him?

Finally she settled with "that jerk!" and sprinted out of the door. She ran down the street, shouting.

Peter looked around in surprise. His eyes were red and puffy. The note was fisted in his hands. He tried to regain his composure, pretend he was a perfectly fine stranger and she was just the waitress at the cafe he went to.

But then his composure crumbled as she reached him and flung her arms around him, kissed him, and then took a step back and slapped him.

He just stared at her with wide eyes, uncomprehending.

"You promised! You said you'd make sure we remembered!"

"MJ," Peter whispered, his voice breaking. Fresh tears began to flow. "MJ."

Ned caught up to them and wrapped them both in a bear hug. "Not cool, bro," he muttered in Peter's ear. "But I'll let it slip this time."

Passers-by were giving them strange looks, but the trio didn't care as they sank to their knees on the sidewalk and sobbed.

"I love you."