Vormir

Um hi. *offers you this* 

"So... you're not with Thanos?"

"With Thanos? No! I'm here to kill Thanos. He took my girl. Wait, who are you?"

"We're the Avengers, man."

"Oh."

Slowly, Tony lowered his gauntlet. From his position in the arms of the alien man who was actually from Earth, Peter knew that his chest blaster was still ready to go if they made a move to attack, but thankfully the cold pressure of the space gun against Peter's temple was also removed after a moment. Missouri dude released Peter and stepped away. Peter hurried to stand by Tony. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," Tony assured. "Are you okay? When we get home you are so grounded for life-"

"You can't ground me-"

"May will ground you, don't mess with me Peter-"

"His name is Peter?" The alien who did not lay eggs in Peter asked. "Are all humans called Peter?"

"What?"

"The guy who'd kidnapped Peter sighed and his face mask vanished. "Hi, I'm Peter Quill. No, Mantis, not all humans are called Peter. Unless things have changed."

Peter squinted at Peter. "Peter Quill? Why does that sound famili...? Oh! You're that guy from Buzzfeed unsolved! Mr Stark! I solved an Unsolved! He was actually taken by aliens, oh my god Tony we have to go home and tell them-"

"Is your child okay?" The tattooed alien asked loudly.

Tony went to pinch his nose only to realise he was in the suit just before he smacked his own face. "He's not mine. I'm just babysitting."

Peter wanted to protest, but he'd just noticed Dr Strange having a seizure in the corner. "Um, Tony?"

"What- what? Strange, what in the ever-loving-"

Strange came to an abrupt, glitchy halt and explained that he was checking the timeline. "Uhuh," Tony said skeptically when the mage explained how many they didn't win.

"But you didn't check all of them, so maybe there's a really good version you didn't see and we should just do whatever feels right at the time," Peter said optimistically. Strange did not seem impressed.

"Hey, wait, is that an infinity stone?"

"I am the keeper of the time stone, yes. We can't discuss this now, Thanos is coming-"

"You own time and you're saying we don't have time?" Quill yelled in outrage. "Just pause time!"

"I can't just do that without messing with the balance of the-"

"And how many of the futures you just saw messed with the balance of the universe?" Tony cried, outraged.

Peter nodded. "He's right. Surely this is the best time - heh - to use it?"

Strange stared hard at Peter. Then his lips tensed and he made a strange motion with his hands, and a faint greenish glow surrounded them. His teeth were showing with the strain. "I cannot hold it long. If you're going to come up with a plan, do it now."

"We could go back in time and save Gamora!" Quill suggested immediately.

"Again- who's Gamora?"

"A friend of ours," Mantis said. "Thanos captured her, she's the only one who knows where the soul stone is."

"Except Dr Strange just saw the future so he knows too," Peter pointed out.

He expected Strange to shoot him down again but instead the man's eyes flashed briefly green and he said, "Vormir."