Minor

Requested by @K_Monty07. Tony doesn't know Peter's identity but MJ does. Enjoy!

"Hostage situation on the west side, all units converge but do not engage," Peter's police radio crackled to life in his mask, and Karen pulled up directions. "Antagonists have firearms and nine visible hostages. Two are being used as human shields. They claim another is chained inside. Antagonists are threatening to shoot if any rescue attempts are made. Attempting to communicate now."

There was a minute of static silence as Spider-Man made his way quickly towards the scene.

"Still no shots fired. Antagonists are demanding that all the Avengers and Spider-Man show up and they'll release all the hostages but the chained female. News crews are on the scene, establish a secure perimeter. We don't need the public spooking the antagonists."

Peter sent off a speedy message to Tony as he landed near the hostage site. He stayed out of view of the 'antagonists' but gave a nod to one of the patrolling police officers, who acknowledged him and said something into her radio.

"Spider-Man is on the scene. He appears to be waiting for further activity."

"Is there any way for us to patch him into the conversation?" A different officer replied over the radio.

"Not easily," a third said. Peter caught the officer's eye and shook his head, tapping the side of his mask.

"I think he might be able to hear us?" The officer said hesitantly into her radio. Peter nodded and gave a thumbs-up. "That's an affirmative. Spider-Man is already listening to this frequency."

"Spider-Man, if you're hearing this, I'm the chief of this sector. Please make your way to the side street on the east side of the building, staying out of sight of the antagonists. And the media vans, if possible."

Peter saluted the officer and did as instructed, dropping into the indicated alley. The chief nodded at him. "Have you been listening the whole time?"

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, so you know the situation. My priority is getting those civilians out of there. Is there any way for you to contact the Avengers?"

"Tony Stark just replied. The Accords are holding them up, it could be hours before they get a go-ahead."

The chief frowned. "These people don't seem patient. They might start shooting to prove they're serious."

"I can go in, try and convince them to accept me alone. Keep your officers on standby in case it goes bad."

The chief considered this, then nodded and relayed the instructions via radio. "Good luck, Spider-Man."

"And you, chief." Peter left the alley and landed at a good distance from the front of the hostage building, in plain view. He walked slowly forwards, arms raised. News cameras followed his journey to the doors, where a man with a gun waited with a hostage in front of him.

"Where are the others?" He grunted. "We said all the Avengers."

"They're busy, so it's just me." He tried to take a step forward, but the man jammed a gun into the side of the hostage's head, and Peter froze. "Woah. Let's put the gun down, you let these people go, and we can talk about whatever you want with me and the Avengers."

"Not going to happen. Come inside. Arms above your head. No sudden movements, or I shoot."

Peter stood his ground. "No, you let the people go first. That was the deal."

"The deal was the Avengers," the man spat back, but then seemed to have a silent conversation with one of the other antagonists. "Fine, we let them go. But I keep this one and the chained girl, like we agreed. You do something I don't like, we blow their brains out." He smiled wickedly, and jerked the hostage with him as he stepped into the building.

Spider-Man waited until all the hostages save those two had been released and were being escorted away by police officers before following, hands still raised. He almost tripped over the doorway when he saw the chained hostage.

MJ stared back at him, eyes wide and afraid.

"Hey, no stopping," the man demanded, and Peter made himself walk the last few metres. The man observed him for a long time, and Peter finally dared to speak again. He was painfully aware of his heart thumping loudly in his chest.

"What do I need to do to get you to release these two?" He asked, voice somehow staying level.

The man exchanged an excited glance with one of the others, licking his dry lips. "Put these on," he said, lifting a pair of manacles that were attached to a chain that was bolted into the floor. Like the ones MJ was wearing.

"Okay," Peter said. "You let them both go, and I put them on."

"No, you put them on and then we let them go."

"Let her go, and then the other once they're on," Peter tried to bargain.

"I let him walk out, then you put them on and I'll release the girl," the man's chin lifted.

Peter took a breath. "Okay."

"What's going on in there, Spider-Man?" The chief's voice came over the radio, and Peter turned off the link. He needed his full concentration. The man released the hostage, immediately training his gun on MJ to stop Spider-Man from attacking, and the hostage stumbled out of the door and into the care of the police.

Peter took the shackles, keeping his movements steady so as not to spook them, and clamped the bindings around each wrist. A shiver went through him at the touch of the cold metal, but he made himself meet the man's eyes. "Now let the girl go."

The man laughed triumphantly. "Fool! Now we have you in our power, and when the Avengers finally arrive we'll be ready for them." He angled his gun towards the doorway with a grin. The other men relaxed, lowering their weapons in order to congratulate each other and get into their new positions. That was when Peter moved.

With a single motion, he tore the chain out of the ground and slammed his iron-clad hands over the leader's head. He dropped like a stone and Peter whirled around the room, using the chains as a weapon to hit, trip or strangle all the antagonists into unconsciousness before any of them could fire at him.

With a grunt, Peter ripped off the manacles and hurried to MJ. He tore off her gag first, then set to work freeing her. Finally, she was sagging into his arms.

"Are you okay?" He asked her breathlessly.

"No," she murmured, then reached forward, pulled his mask up to his nose, and kissed him. Startled, he slowly melted into it, wrapping his arms around her shaking body. He held her close and ran a comforting hand through her hair.

There was a clang from behind, and they broke apart. Peter turned, webshooters at the ready in case one of the antagonists had awoken. Instead, he saw the Avengers assembled inside the doorway, gaping. Steve had dropped his shield.

Peter pulled his mask back down to cover his mouth, but kept a supportive arm around MJ. "Thanks for coming, but I managed to handle it. If you can deal with this lot, I need to make sure-"

"Are you out of your mind?" Clint demanded.

Peter blinked at him. "What?"

All the Avengers answered at once, replies mingling so it took Peter a second to work out was was being said.

"I'm not one to interfere with such things, but isn't she a bit young for you?" Steve said awkwardly.

"You're lucky the media weren't watching," Tony said in shock.

"You can't go around kissing every girl you save," Nat said with disgust.

"She's my girlfriend, why shouldn't I-" Peter tried to defend himself, struggling to keep up with the accusations.

"Did you even ask for consent?"

"She's a minor, you could get in serious trouble for that!" Clint continued loudly.

"Wait," Peter stared at them. "You guys think I'm an adult?"