Spider-Boy?

Part 3 of  Dear JJJ  requested by @-endlesstommo 

Peter was having a great day. Since JJJ's article had come out, Spider-Man had gained more popularity than he'd ever thought possible. Even better, it seemed like Jameson had decide to keep his identity as underage under wraps. Which Peter appreciated, he really did. Of course everyone wanted to know what he'd written to make the infamous J Jonah so respectful, but Spidey did nothing more than confirm he had written the letter.

Everything was going great.

Cue Parker luck.

Spidey was swinging through the city when yet another news announcement came on the billboards. 

"Good afternoon everybody! News just in, the mysterious letter that convinced J Jonah Jameson to change his controversial views about Spider-Man has been discovered. Here it is!"

Peter couldn't bring himself to move from his rooftop perch as his letter was read out in front of thousands, maybe millions. As it was revealed that the famous vigilante was nothing more than a child. Why had he written about being bullied? He'd spilt all of his insecurities onto that paper, and now it was being read out in front of everyone he tried to stay strong for. There was stuff there that not even Ned knew. Spider-Man buried his face in his hands as people started whispering and pointing up at him. Disaster. Why couldn't he just put up with Jonah's teasing? Why did he have to write that stupid letter in the first place?

Finally, the newscaster finished reading. "Well, that's certainly a lot to process. Have a nice day!" The screens cut out, and a wave of silence rolled over the city, followed by a crash of chatter. Peter didn't bother listening. Face burning and on the verge of tears, he shot a web and swung hastily away. Breaths coming fast, he landed in an alleyway and curled in a ball, focusing on the rhythm of his heart to drown out the noises that were threatening to overwhelm him.

When the sensory overload passed after what felt like hours but couldn't have been more than a minute, Peter stood back up. The alleyway was too exposed to get changed here, Spider-Man would have to make one more public appearance. He took a deep breath and jumped back up to the rooftops, shooting a web as quickly as he could, and hoping nobody would notice him swinging over their heads. 

Of course they noticed him. He saw them pointing, and braced himself for their jeers, their taunts. Why had he run? He could have tried to deny the fact that he was a child. They wouldn't want him after this.

Spider-Man swung faster over the heads of citizens as they opened their mouths. He almost fell out of the sky when he heard what they were saying, though.

They were cheering.

The people were cheering - for him.