Switcheroo (2)

A/N: It's been two years since I started this book and this is the 100th chapter 🥳🥳 thank you to everybody who's supported me - yes, that's you. Whether you're always first on or you leave the comments that make me smile or you never fail to vote or you're just one of the numbers in my read count, thank you so much for sticking with me all this time :)

I was going to make you wait for this chapter but you kept leaving nice comments on the last part so I decided to spoil you with the 3rd update in 3 days you're welcome and enjoy :D

"Flash? Flash Thompson!"

Abe nudged Peter. Abe's body, anyway. With a lurch, Peter remembered that Abe was Ned and that he was Flash. He looked at the teacher, desperately trying to remember what the question had been. With his now muted senses, it was unbelievably hard to pay attention.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh?" He said intelligently. The teacher sighed.

"Peter?"

Peter grimaced. Flash probably wouldn't know the answer either, and-

"3 pi to the power of 9," Flash said primly, sniffing self-importantly.

"I do not sound like that," Peter muttered. Ned winced, and said nothing.

/X\(::-::)/X\

Flash was doing the very best he could to sit still. Every time he shifted even a tiny bit, he felt the chair with painful clarity. It was hard not to listen to the teacher, let alone the dozen other conversations happening in the classroom and the surrounding area. If he really concentrated, he could hear a student yawning in a different class. Flash tried not to concentrate.

The teacher posed some complicated algebra question that the she would expect Peter to know the answer to. Flash crossed his fingers that she wouldn't pick him.

"Flash."

Flash groaned - just his luck - and opened his mouth to answer before he realised the teacher wasn't looking at him. Well she was, just not.... him him. Peter. Who was staring into space in a frankly insulting impression of Flash.

"Flash? Flash Thompson!"

Peter bolted upright, and looked around desperately. "Uhhhhhhhh?"

I do not sound like that. Right?

Whatever freaky thing going on with his body allowed him to hear MJ mutter, "it's 3pi to 9, idiot," under her breath.

"Peter?" The teacher asked in exasperation.

"3 pi to the power of nine," Flash said in his most offensive impression of Peter. See how he liked it.

Across the room, Flash heard Peter scoff, "I do not sound like that."

The world was momentarily silenced by Flash's stomach giving a painful rumble. Despite eating at break and lunch, it had been cramping painfully for the past ten minutes. He was famished.

The end of the day couldn't come soon enough.

\X/(.0.)\X/

As soon as the bell rang, Peter dragged Ned towards the school steps. Flash was planning on stopping by his locker first, but decided to follow the other boys at a distance.