Mr Barnes? I think Peter needs help

Okay first of all, blue cookies to and this request from @ReadingIsLikeReading who was the first to correctly answer 'Shady Acres' as the care home Odin was left in by Loki. Enjoy your prize! (::)(::)(::)(::) (I kind of put a twist on your request, I hope it's okay?)

Endgame and FFH have happened, Spider-Man's name was cleared and his identity was never revealed.

Peter had actually started interning at Stark industries pretty soon after Mr Stark actually realised how smart the kid was, and all the other interns loved him. He was viewed as the innocent baby of the group, to be protected at all costs. One example of this was after Tony's death, when the interns were reassigned by the new temporary head of SI. Peter lost his job because he was too young to legally work without adult supervision, and the higher-ups, having never met him, thought that it was too much effort and told him to come back in a few years. When Peter was given the news, he didn't show his sadness but the other interns knew him well enough to see that he was hurting.

As soon as Peter had finished packing up his stuff and gone home, the interns had huddled in a circle and written a very... persuasive letter to the boss. Not ten minutes later, Peter got a call from SI apologising profusely for the mistake and practically begging for him to come back. Of course, the boy was more than happy to do so, although he never found out what had happened to make them change their minds.

So yeah, the other interns viewed Peter as their genius, pure, innocent little brother. 

Every now and again, SI held an intern social, which was basically all the interns chilling out together on the nicer floors of the tower. Occasionally a celebrity popped in for a bit, they played games, chatted, shared ideas and all around it was good fun.

This story takes place at one such intern social, not the first that Peter had been invited to, so he was very comfortable, dressed casually and a couple hours into the evening. A while ago, Bucky had come down from the penthouse and was circulating among the interns. He knew Peter's identity, and Peter was looking forward to showing off his mysterious friendship with the White Wolf to his intern friends. He and some of the interns he worked with had started playing a game where everyone fetched one of the stupid robots they'd made in their free time once, and gave it to whoever won their round, for example,

"Cat bot goes to most embarrassing childhood memory!"

"Mrs CogWorm to the stupidest prank!" etc.

Finally they were coming to the last few bots. Peter had already given away his modified Roomba to the intern who'd had the meanest teacher, but he'd had his eye on the next bot all evening. It was a hovering huggable robot that Peter needed to get his hands on, fingers itching to find out how it worked, as the intern who created it had refused to share their secrets just to wind everyone else up.

"Okay, hugabot goes to.... hmmm... most traumatic moment." 

Peter smiled. This would be easy, everyone knew he was an orphan so he'd just dramatise himself finding out about the crash. He was mostly over it by now, so he didn't mind talking about it, and everybody was so wrapped around his little finger that they'd have no choice but to hand over the bot.

Some of the other interns went first.

"I don't know, the most trauma I ever had was probably when my dog died, I was really close to her so I was super upset, we had to have a burial in the garden with a mini headstone and everything. But the next morning I went to put flowers on it and some wild animal must have come by in the night and dug her up, be cause there's just bits of half-eaten Sadie all over the lawn." The intern shuddered. "Horrible."