Breaking news

Part 2 of Dear JJJ, requested by @Haroldpotter90 . Enjoy ^-^

The news screens all over the city blazed to life, playing a musical intro as they displayed a news reporter sat behind a desk, eyes wide as he read something.

"Breaking news! Famous Spider-Man critic J Jonah Jameson has just released a video that... well, you have to see it for yourself." The screen switched to JJJ in his classic seat behind his desk, moustache groomed to perfection. He took a deep breath and began talking.

"Over the years, many people have told me that they think I'm harsh, or unfair, or outright cruel. I ignore these people because I believe I'm doing the right thing; I tell the story as I see it. I've had enough hate mail to build a house out of and death threats enough to make anyone tremble. But just yesterday, I received a very different letter. Before I go into this in more detail, I would like to acknowledge the fact that whilst I started my career as a simple newscaster, once I grew in fame I admit I may have become rather... obsessive over the local vigilante, Spider-Man. Some may say this is my defining feature, and having taken a step back and reviewed my actions, I realise the sad truth is that they are right. I have become biased, and tell the story as I expect to see it, as I want to. Now, I do not know whether the letter I received yesterday was from the real Spider-Man or not but it certainly put some things into perspective for me. When he first started out, I refuse to admit that I was wrong about him being a menace and a danger to society. But like us all, he has learnt from his mistakes and improved. This cannot have been easy when one mistake on your part could lead to the death of hundreds. So this is me, admitting my own faults and learning from my own mistakes, even with a city watching." He cleared his throat.

"I admit it. I have been harsh, and unfair, and even at times outright cruel. I'm not saying I'm suddenly a Spidey fan, but I can appreciate that I have been unnecessarily vocal about my dislike, and that it isn't responsible for me to impose my own standards upon the public. Spider-Man, I apologise. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing right now, whoever you really are under that mask, I respect what you're doing for this city and I wish you the best of luck. That is all."

The clip ended, cutting back to the original reporter. "There you have it folks, JJ has a sudden turn of heart. How will Spider-Man react to this news? What was in that letter that made such a stubborn-minded reporter have this sudden a change of heart? Stay tuned for more."