Chp 163 - Leo's POV

A/N: Now working with Nora, I wish I had added Malcolm in a similar fashion... Well, yes, I updated a week later than I had planned, BUT it's 7k words, so enjoy (also because I have no idea when Piper's next chapter will be ready because I'm now working again, FINALLY). Btw, I really don't remember if I mentioned it in the previous chapters or not (and I don't feel like checking), but after so many readers (like, a dozen? which for me is a lot) came to me in the PMs to ask for advice in writing (some already had a couple of chapters ready, others wanted to start) I wrote a book based on my experience on Watt. 

It's short, five chapters, I think, but it has the basics, both for originals and fanfics. If you want a little bit more help, you need to brainstorm something or want to escape the classics cliche (like twelve demigods in the same school and living in a super mansion which is soooo far from canon it's ridiculous - but yes, I did read my share back in the days, before I realized how OOC they are), you can still PM me and ask for help. I'll GLADLY give you ideas to either escape the same recipe and make your fic unique or I'll give you fresh ideas. I have several in the PJO universe, I just don't have the time or the will to tackle another fanfic (I have no idea how some authors make five at the same time, I can barely keep track of what is happening in my only one). 

Warning, I want to see original fanfics, not constantly rip-offs. I'll be a critic, not a fan. So if you're not ready for criticism (like pointing out how non-canon your idea or characterization is, or how cliche and copypaste is your idea, while encouraging you to change and go beyond) don't come for me. I'm an adult, I have a different taste of stories, so if you're 13yo and want to write for 13yo, don't ask me for help; just do your thing and be happy, I don't want to crush your spirit and your will to write (which I suspect I've already done to a couple of my readers, I'm SO SORRY about that). However, if you want to know how an older teenager or an adult would act in situation X, or how to work more complex cases, or random ideas that might make your fic more realistic, hit me up. That's it, enjoy!

Leo's Flashback

SUNDAY, 12th February

Hey, I've been thinking. And yes, I know it's incredibly dangerous to do so.

Ok, shoot.

Remember when I told you about my family?

Yes...?

I think we should also tell Nora about it.

You mean, if she asks? Because I don't think she will.

That's the point. She isn't gonna ask because she doesn't want me to ask.

And... you want to tell her beforehand to pressure her into telling us about her family?

Yes.

Why? Not that I'm convinced this would work on her, but if she doesn't want to talk about it, shouldn't we respect that?

I think she doesn't like talking about it because she doesn't want pity. The thing is, we won't pity her because we know what it's like.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

I'm not saying to torture her into speaking. Just talk about my family and open the possibility for her to talk about hers.

Why do you want to do that?

I think she's still hurting and doesn't feel comfortable talking about it with anyone. Because she's in pain and doesn't have help to put things in perspective, it's almost like she resents Mrs. Purr and her family for adopting her. I don't think she blames them for her parents' deaths, but she's so stuck in feeling grief that she doesn't see how lucky she is in having them.