Chp 127 - Nico's POV

A/N: Shorter chapter than Hazel's, but it was either shorter and published chapter or longer and unpublished for who knows how long, so... I guess you like published better. Still, over 5k words. See, a-fangirl-fantasy, I told you you inspired to write (actually, finish it, because half of it was ready)

TUESDAY

After lunch, his father called him to his office so they could talk in private. Áïdos sat in an armchair, gesturing Nico to sit in front of him.

"So, how did you find Hannah?"

Nico got comfortable, avoiding his father's eyes.

"I thought you asked this on the first day."

"I did, and I'm still waiting for an answer."

Nico met his father's eyes defiantly.

"I gave you one."

Áïdos intertwined his fingers, leaning against the chair.

"If I know you, you gave me a short version of the truth twisted with a lie to make it believable."

"If you know me, you also know that is the only thing you'll get from me."

His father narrowed his eyes, not pleased with the answer. Nico squared his shoulders, in a challenge.

"She was left alone in a strange city after spending months in coma, with a promise to meet her family and maybe have a better life since her mother died. The lawyer never showed up, so she stayed alone. Instead of asking me how did I find her, you should be thankful I did and maybe go after that lawyer that never came. Unless, of course, you gave instructions that she shouldn't be introduced to me or the rest of the family."

His father took a deep breath, clearly offended by the implications.

"I didn't give such instructions."

"Then just be thankful I found her and change subject."

Nico could see the tiniest raise of one of corner from his mouth.

"You're a little different. More... challenging."

"Is it a problem?"

"No. I find it amusing. And it's good to know you're standing up for yourself and your sister. Just know what lines not to cross, especially with me."

Áïdos gave him a cold half-glare, making clear he wasn't someone to be pushed too much. Nico gave a short nod, relaxing his posture, making himself a little less challenging. His father relaxed too, before changing subject.

"About your life, any news?"

What do you usually tell?

Nothing. Just say there is nothing new, just school.

"School, nothing new there."

Áïdos gave a short laugh.

"Not even a girlfriend? Lucy, isn't she?"

Nico's mouth fell.

WHAT?

How does he know about her!?

And why does he think she's my girlfriend!?

"How... what... how do you even know about her?"

The man in front of him raised his eyebrows in surprise by the admission of knowing her.

"So she is your girlfriend?"