Chp 89 - Frank's POV

SATURDAY

"Twenty four. Twenty five. Come on, Frank, keep going."

"That is too easy. Put a weight onto his back."

What!? Is he insane?

"Shut up, Percy!"

"Frank, save your breath and raise your hips, or I'll restart the counting."

Oh, hades, NO. I'm almost dying here.

That was the fourth plank of one minute he was doing that day, all his body was trembling, trying to stay up. Jason had squatted by his side, counting in his watch. Percy was just sitting in a chair nearby, grumbling at the booklet in his hand.

"And... sixty!"

Frank let his body fall, grateful.

I don't care anymore. If Jason wants me out of his place, he'll have to carry me. I don't think I have enough strength to move.

Jason rolled him to his back and smiled at Frank.

"How are you feeling? Ready for another round?"

Frank just glared, making Jason laugh.

"See, I told you it was too easy."

Remind to slap Percy's head when we gain our strength back.

Isn't he supposed to be your friend?

He is. That's why I know he'll understand when I hit him.

Jason raised an eyebrow and smirked at Percy.

"So, you're reading this for what, almost two hours? Have you finished yet? Or at least managed to get to page 6?"

Percy smirked back.

"That bruise on your jaw really brings the color of your eyes. When it fades, you should ask Kyle to punch you again."

Frank sighed.

"I'm dead here, let me rest in peace."

You guys have the weirdest friendship ever.

When you face death together, things change.

Percy stood up and came to stare down at Frank. He raised his hand, holding a glass with something cold.

"Lemonade?"

"Yes, please."

He and Jason shared a look before nodding to each other, so Frank was only a little surprised when Percy threw the lemonade at him. He got mad anyway, and got up in a hurry, trying to shake the drink out of his face.

"See? Now you're up and without complaining, you're welcome."

When Frank was finally able to open his eyes, Percy was handing him another glass. While he was drinking, Jason nodded in the direction to the chair Percy was previously sitting.

"Seriously, how is that going? Were you able to understand something?"

Percy stared the booklet he left at the chair with annoyance, like it was a monster who refused to die.

"Nothing. Seriously, did you see those letters size? How am I supposed to read that with my dyslexia? I give up!"

"So what, are you going to give up of getting a license?"

"No, I'm taking the test"

"Without studying?"

"So what? Do I look like Annabeth to be bothered with this? And really, how bad can it be?"

***

MONDAY

Frank left his last class to find Hazel waiting for him outside, while talking to a girl with a long straight black hair. The girl smiled and waved when she saw him approaching, said something to Hazel and left.

Hazel nodded to the girl and turned back to Frank, smiling. He bent down and kissed her cheek, blushing along with her.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Who was she?"

"Lucy, a... friend. She's friend with Nico too."

Her... brother? Really?

"Hum, well, I'm happy Nico made a friend."

Why is she chuckling? Why was that funny?

"Hazel?"

"Nothing. So, I was thinking..."

They resumed walking.

"You know that play that the drama club is setting, right? Peter Pan?"

"Yes...?"

"I was thinking, maybe we could watch it."

"Sure."

"And invite the others too, I think they might like it."

"Yeah... maybe..."

"So, you help me calling them?"

"Why are so involved in this?"

"I... promised a friend that I would convince some friends to watch it. So, will you help me?"

Frank smiled at her, nodding. She breathed in relief, before looking at something behind Frank.

"Hey, Reyna!"

Frank turned to find the other praetor looking at her phone like she was about to smash it in her hands.

"Reyna?"

She finally looked up, to find Hazel and Frank looking at her with worry. Hazel took a step forward.

"Is everything ok?"

Reyna blinked and emptied her face of any expression.

"Yes, everything is fine, nothing to worry about. What about you?"

Hazel exchanged a look with Frank, both deciding not to pressure Reyna.

"We're good. I was talking to Frank, that we should all go watch the play, Peter Pan. What do you think?"

"I'm not very fond of plays..."

"You could bring Adam."

By the look Reyna shot Hazel, I guess she was not supposed to mention this name.

Who do you think he is?

I don't know, maybe a boyfriend?

Should we ask your girlfriend?

By the expression, I think she just realized what she said, and it's not going to tell us anything.

***

F: So, how was the test?

P: Don't ask.

F: That bad?

P: I told you not to ask.

F: Did Annabeth know you were taking that test?

P: Yes.

F: Did she know you didn't study for it?

P: She figured it out.

F: How did she react?

P: She rolled her eyes and called me Kelp Head.

F: She didn't yell at you?

P: No. But she probably will when she sees my exams...

l