Chp 12 - Frank's POV

(Quick A/N: in the past 5 years my body could be called fit, but I was more than scrawny ALL my life, a teacher even thought I was anorexic - which I was not, I loved to eat, still do. So again, don't expect much from my Frank's pov)

Frank's flashback

Frank was used to sleep like a dog. And there's that one time in the Argo II he woke up as a python, right before Venice. After the war, he once woke up as a platypus. He's still trying to understand that one. But the point was, this time felt different. It seemed... human, but it's not really his body. It's similar to his previous body, before traveling with the seven. When he was still the clumsy misfit, the sino-canadian in probatio. He scanned the room where he woke up and saw the hint of a mirror in the wardrobe's open door. He walked slowly in that direction, afraid what he was going to see. He refused to look down, and openned the wardrobe door fully.

Oh, no, not again.

One of his worst nightmares had come to life.

***

So, you're from Canada too.

Yes, the wolves went there to guide me to the Wolf House. And after that I joined the legion.

And now you're the boss of this legion.

Praetor, but yes. Reyna and I.

And you're fat? Like me?

Yes, I was.

But not anymore.

No, not after Venice. After I cleaned the city from the katobleps, I became more... muscular. And taller.

How did you do it?

I used my gift and changed to a lion. And a bear. A dragon. A dolphin. An eagle. I lost count of how many animals, until I barely noticed what was my shape at that moment, I just kept fighting. And when I was back as human, I was... different.

I was hoping you would have a miracle other than having a magic gift. Something I could use to become... I don't know, skinny.

I didn't become skinny. I grew taller, and when that happened, was like all my weight was finally right, and not more than I should have. I look like a football player, kind of.

I tried out for the football team a few months ago.

Did you managed to get in?

... No, not really.

Felix, what are you not telling me?

Doesn't matter, not anymore.

Tell me. We need to work together until I can get out of your body. Secrets are not going to help. And I have a feeling that they'll close on you, on us, as soon we got to school tomorrow.

Fine, I'll tell you.

***

Frank had arrived at school and was at his lockers when he saw a guy enter the school. He was tall, and more scrawny than Frank would have expected, but he was sure it was Percy. But Percy not even once glanced at his direction, he was too busy looking at a girl, intrigued. Frank changed his focus and saw the girl with her long black hair in a braid.

Reyna!

The other praetor? That's how she looks like?