Chp 148 - Percy's POV

A/N: Oh, yeah, I wrote until chp 154 and totally got stuck. By the way, if you'd searched for #hoo last week, my fic would've been on the first page, like WHAT!? When did THAT happen??

Percy's Flashback

SATURDAY, 21st January

After the fourth try, he squinted his eyes to try and see and was finally able to unlock his phone to answer an incoming call.

"What!?"

"Percy, you sound as grumpy as Peter in the morning."

It took him half a second to associate an identity to the voice.

Not again! He always does this! I'm going back to sleep...

"G, when you wake people up at ungodly hours, they get grumpy."

"9 am is not ungodly hours."

"It is on a Saturday where I went to sleep like, at 5."

"I wanted to let you know I've just arrived. And you said last time that we should meet up again. Want to get breakfast?"

"Yeah, call me in like, two hours."

"Oh! We could get brunch then!"

"Yeah yeah, I'll leave you to it, bye."

***

When Percy woke up to see Gregor leaning over and shaking his shoulder, he took one look at his friend, one at his phone on the nightstand, and scowled at the other guy.

Seriously!?

"Go back to the pits of hell, I told you two hours, not one!"

Ignoring the venom lacing his words, Gregor simply used his walking stick to poke Percy's ribs.

"Yeah, but if we want to find a table, we need to leave, so stop being lazy and get up."

Knowing it was a lost battle, Percy got up, shoving Gregor on his way to the bathroom, being careful to direct his fall towards the bed. Laughing, he called after the younger boy.

"Cranky!"

"Idiot."

It took Gregor less than three seconds to be back on his feet and wobble behind Percy.

"Violent."

"Annoying."

"Resentful."

"Infuriating."

"Pitiful."

"Abhorrent."

"Oh, taking out the big guns now?"

Annabeth?

Obviously.

Throwing a smirk over his shoulder, Percy entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him, laughing when he heard his friend's voice on the other side.

"Vexatious!"

I really miss this guy.

***

Still huffing after threatening to cut off their friendship when Peter asked it brunch wasn't a girly thing, Gregor led them through the streets he obviously knew. While they were still at a certain distance, Gregor saw a group getting close to the bakery and refusing to lose the last table, absolutely RAN all the way, making Percy work to catch up with him.

Poseidon's horses, he has a freaking walking stick!

Didn't you say Grover was fast?