Chp 149 - Jason's POV

A/N: Yes, it's still the same weekend. Reyna, Hilda, Frank, Hazel, Percy, Annabeth, Gregor... and another three to the list.

Jason's Flashback

SUNDAY, 22th January

Jason answered the ringing phone with a smile at seeing the ID.

"Hey, Pipes."

Her tone was a contrast to his own, somber and low.

"Jason, is Alfred available? I need you to pick someone up, and fast."

Did someone die?

"Sure. Is it Claire? Annabeth? Hazel? Is someone hurt?"

"I'm giving you the address, you'll know who. Bring her to my house, I'll start getting everything ready."

She hung up and texted him the address of an ordinary square.

Do we know someone in this address? Is it a dangerous neighborhood?

It's not far from here. You want to waste time wondering or just go?

Good point.

***

Jason made Alfred park nearby and walked to the square, trying to see if he recognized someone. He did, even if it was the last person he had been expecting. Walking faster, he stopped and kneeled in front of Mackenzie, who seemed in a state of shock, seeing straight through him. He lightly touched her hand and tried to calm her down when she jumped.

"Hey, it's ok, it's me! John, remember? What are you doing here?"

She started mumbling something he couldn't follow and started crying, hugging herself and rocking her body.

Wow, what kind of a trauma can cause this reaction?

Maybe I should just take her to Piper's.

He tried to hug her gently, mostly to stop her motions. Trying the most soothing voice he could muster, the ones he would use with a scared wolf, he kept saying nonsense to try and get through her walls.

"Hey, it's okay. All is well now. Mitescere. Hoc bonum erit. You're safe now. Ut altum spiritus. It's all better."

Took him almost three minutes, but she finally seemed to calm down enough to look at him and whisper his name in the most pain-filled voice he ever heard.

"John."

Oh, God, is not that she lost the baby? Should we take her to the hospital?

If we don't get her out of here and fast, we will take her for pneumonia.

Jason rubbed her arm, that felt cold to the touch, protected by only a light sweater. Clearly, she left some place warm in a rush, not even grabbing for a thicker coat.

"It's me. Why don't we leave this place? Trish is waiting for us. Let's not make her worry, ok?"

She nodded like an obedient child and started to stand up. He followed her actions and steered her to his car, where Alfred was already opening the backdoor for them. After Jason helped Mackenzie, he nodded to Alfred in thanks.

"To Trish's house, please."

***

Piper was obviously watching from her window, because she opened the door way before they arrived at her front porch. She looked at Mackenzie with a mixture between pain and pity, before masking her expression and adopting the same voice she would use to a child.