Chp 97 - Frank's POV

TUESDAY

Frank was walking Hazel to her next class, the one she had with Nico. His blood ran cold in his veins when Hazel stopped dead in her tracks and grabbed his arm with a little too much force.

"Oh, my gods!"

Frank started to search frantically for the threat, but he only saw students in their lockers.

"What? What happened? Are you hurt? Are you seeing a monster?"

There are no monsters in this world!

You never know.

"No, I just forgot about the play!"

"The... play? What play?"

"Peter Pan!"

Oh, the drama club play. I was thinking something about a game.

"That's okay, Hazel. I already bought our tickets."

Her panicked face gave way to a surprised smile.

"You did? That's so nice of you, Frank. But no, I need to make the others go to!"

Ouch! Can she let go of our arm? They're squeezing it.

Frank gently rubbed her hands, and she loosed her grasp.

"Which others?"

"The demigods. I promised a... friend? I would drag as much people to the play as I could. And I completely forgot!"

Why did she hesitate on 'friend'?

I have no idea, but I won't push her.

Frank held her hand, still rubbing it to calm her down and dragged her to the side so they would get out of the middle of the hallway. He started saying.

"Well, you can send a text to them..."

Hum... your girlfriend? Really?

Hazel was probably thinking the same thing, because she was looking at him as incredulous as if he suggested she should get a green wig and dance in the middle of the hallway.

"Maybe I can do it for you?"

She debated with herself and Hannah, but ended up nodding.

"You're amazing, Frank. What if they ask why they should go? How are we going to convince them?"

"Well, we can just say it's an excellent opportunity for them to feel like normal teenagers who go to a normal school."

"That's an excellent idea!"

"I'll text them for you."

"Thanks, Frank! Hi, Nico."

Good God! This guy comes out of nowhere!

He's a little too silent for his own good.

He creeps me out a little.

You get used to it.

Did you?

Well... I'm not scared of him.

Creeped out?

... Maybe a little.

Ha!

But I can, I saw what Nico can do, and that's some creepy stuff.

Nico just nodded to both of them, keeping his distance, but with a warm look in his eyes when looking at Hazel.

"Hi, Hazel. Frank."