Chp 38 - Annabeth's POV

Annabeth's Flashback

Nico just got up without any warning and started going to the door.

Where is he going?

Why is he so upset?

Jason called him, but he just ran. Jason, Percy, Reyna and Will all stood up and ran after him. Hazel was almost crying.

"Oh, gods, I made everything worse, didn't I?"

Piper dropped herself in one of the empty couchs.

"No, I did.This was wrong, saying this to him with everyone else. It called for more... sensibility"

Frank was holding Hazel's hand.

"I think he would have reacted the same way"

"I'm going to talk to him!"

Hazel tried to stood up, but Frank pulled her down.

"Give your brother some time, Hazel. It was a shock, he needs some time to think this through, and plan his actions from now on. When he comes to you, you can talk to him, but he needs some time alone"

"I'm still not sure..."

Leo stopped dismounting the remote control to stare at Hazel's eyes.

"Listen to your boyfriend, Hazel. Nico needs time to lick his wounds, but he will come around eventually. We all know you're the only he truly considers family. Your presence calms and guides him. He'll come for you looking for this, you just have to wait until he's ready"

Why is everyone so worried with that guy?

Nico is... difficult. He has a past more dark, sad and complicated than most demigods. He doesn't let anyone come near him, so we're never sure what is going on with him. The first one he let get close is Will. But now Will is a girl...

So what?

Nico is gay, and so is Will.

Ooooohhhh, so they're dating.

We're not sure... Nico is gay, but he doesn't always deals well with it. I think they're getting there, but now... I can only imagine how unsettling it must be to Nico, knowing the guy you like is really a girl, even if in another world.

That's not how this works! It's just a terrible coincidence that, out of ten, only one got a gender swap. Like you said, maybe in a universe you all had a gender swap.Or maybe in a universe you're all boys, or all girls, or all gays. Or dolphins!

I know it, and you know it. I'm just not sure if Nico will see it this way. Or if he'll question himself, his feelings and who knows what else.

Flashback over, back to present

The others arrived, with theirs heads low, and without Nico.

Percy sat besides Annabeth with a sad face, and she kissed his cheek.

"Nothing?"

Percy shook his head.

What's his relationship with that guy?

Complicated. Percy cares and worries about Nico, a lot.

Annabeth turned a little on her side, hugged him and rested her head on his shoulder. He kissed her hair and rested his head over hers.

Please?

Fine, as long as it's only a hug, and just for support. And no one from school is watching this. No one who is not a demigod, I mean.

So I can hug him when we're alone?

Don't push it.

Hazel was crushing Frank's hand.

"He didn't want to come back with you?"

Reyna answered: "We lost him after five minutes"

Percy added: "He may look sick pale and weak, but he sure can run when he wants to"

Annabeth looked at Jason, who was beside Piper.

"You have a car, right? Maybe you can drive around to look for him?"

"I don't know how to drive, Alfred drove us here, and he took the car right after. I said I would call him to come get us later"

Leo was almost jumping on his couch.

"He has a butler named Alfred, how AWESOME is that?? Wait! Jason, you CAN'T have a butler named Alfred! That's Batman! You're Supergirl!"

Jason was looking to Leo with a mix of confusion and resentment.

"I'm WHAT?"

Piper held his wrist to stop him for doing anything, but she was looking at Will.

"Will, are you okay?"

Snif "Yes"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I know this was a shock to Nico, hades, it was a shock to me! I know he just need some time alone. I know he'll come around. I know all that. So WHY am I crying??"

"Because you're upset"

"I am, but not THAT upset!"

Piper had a sympathy look in her eyes.

"It's the PMS. Makes everything feels like the end of the world. Your week was hellish, and all the tension pilled up, so you're relieving the stress by tears. It's completely normal"

"How do I stop it??"

Only a boy to think you can fight against PMS. He needs some lessons.

That's what we are here for.

"You can't. Not rationally, at least. Trust me, if it was possible, no one would like to feel the PMS. You can try to distract yourself. Do something you usually like. Percy always take me to the beach"

Percy whispered in her ear.

"It's a matter of self-preservation. If you're going to get angry at me for no reason and try to kill me, I would like to have an open space to run, an escape route through the sea only I can take and some water to control and delay you until I'm out of your reach"

She gave him a light slap, but tried to not let her smile show.

Smart guy.

He has his moments.