Chp 80 - Frank's POV

Frank's Flashback

THURSDAY

"Hey, Frank, you're new in our group, so I think you have the right to choose our costume. Since Peter is going with a different costume, we're four. We have Wizard of Oz – no, Jordan, I'm Dorothy, you're the Scarecrow with no brain – Mean Girls – yes, Jay, you can beRegina – Ghostbusters – Jordan, I already said that Jay can be Regina, stop whining – Inside Out with a missing characther –Dibs on Disgust! In your face, Jordan! - The Incredibles – Jordan and Jay, no jokes about being fast or able to stretch – Smurfs –Jordan, I'M Smurfette, and if you dare to say otherwise..."

Frank slowly raised his hand and interrupted her.

"Hum, Jodi? I'm not going with you. I already promised to go with another friend"

Jodi's face fell. Frank smiled apologetically.

I had no idea she would be so sad.

I feel a little sorry for her.

"So... we're only three?"

Jordan and Jay got excited at that.

"Alvin and the Chipmunks!"

"Single Ladies!"

"Hocus Pocus!"

"Powerpuff Girls!"

Jodi was still looking a little sad, but let it go and got excited again discussing costumes.

Is it bad that I feel relief?

Why?

Jay and Jordan are nice, but they can be...

Scary?

Yeah, I'm afraid of them in Halloween.

Flashback over, back to present

MONDAY

Nervous?

Freaking out.

Hazel opened the door smiling.

She's beautiful. How are you holding up?

...What?

Are you in a loss of words?

...Hum?

I'll take that as a yes.

Frank offered Hazel his arm, and walked with her.

***

Hazel blushed even more and hid her face in Frank's arm, when another girl with a dress above the knees passed by them. Frank sighed and slowed down to turn back and take her home.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea"

Hazel faced him and shook her head.