Chp 109 - Frank's POV

SUNDAY

"Oh man! Look at this beauty! Almost as pretty as Riptide. I'm taking it home with me!"

Frank shook his head at Percy's excitement. At his side, Annabeth was doing the same with a small smile, before looking at Jason.

"Where did you get it all?"

"Internet."

She raised her eyebrows in admiration, but said nothing. Percy was waving his chose sword around, testing its balance.

"So, who is up for the first round?"

Do you want to go first?

No, we can wait.

You don't want to fight? I thought you had enjoyed last weekend.

I did. But with his smile and the way he seems so comfortable with a sword, I'm in no rush. But I admit, it was really cool to wield one last weekend, even if it was you in control. I felt so baddass.

Swords can cause this feeling, but I like bow more.

***

Percy first beat Jason. Then Frank. Reyna. Piper didn't even try. Annabeth won in the last second. Knowing her boyfriend for years, she used a movement to disarm him when she noticed the minimum hesitation at his grip.

"I don't like it anymore."

Annabeth silent chuckled.

"Just because it has the wrong balance?"

"That too. It's not Riptide, it doesn't feel natural fighting with it. I feel weird."

Reyna crossed her arms.

"Really? Could have fooled me. You sure looked quite comfortable while trying to smash my head with it."

Percy shrugged.

"Well, it's not my fault if don't know how to block it."

He shouldn't have said that.

Reyna won't take it playfully.

Reyna took a deep breath to rein her rage, before going for a spear.

"Another round. I choose the weapons this time."

***

Percy growled.

"Not a word."

Reyna mimicked mockingly.

"'It's not my fault if you don't know how to block it.'. Face it, Jackson, just because you know how to use a sword greek style, doesn't make you good at javelins, roman style."

"I don't like spears, not more than I like bow and arrows. Laimer wasn't exactly a nice memory."

"Laimer?"

Annabeth answered for Percy.

"Clarisse's spear. You know, head counselor of Ares' cabin."

Who is Clarisse?

She's my... sister? Kinda.

Kinda?

I'm roman, she's greek, but the Ares is the greek form of Mars.

Ah, got it. Just like Jason and...

Thalia.

Yeah, her.