Chapter 8

It felt awful.

To wait in front of his office door for minutes.

Yoon Min touched the door knob but took her hand away quickly. She sighed heavily and turned back. She should take more time to prepare herself. Tension and worries divided her body and caused her to move around, fidgeting with her fingers. Seokjin had his personal office in the higher floors as he prefered silence more than anything. Right in front of his office door, two vases were placed and a window across it, from where she could almost touch the blue sky. She stood in front of the window for a second and looked down. Everything seemed so tiny. She could see the castle a few distance away, how lonely it remained with only a Princess.

Sighing again, she turned around, walked towards his door again. Every time, she decided to see him, she took at least 10 minutes to mentally prepare herself from the upcoming pain and tears she would have to go through. She still couldn’t understand the reason behind it.

Yoon Min formed her hand into a fist and raised it to the wooden door length. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door three times and quickly stopped for an answer.

“Come in.”

She released the breath she was holding and entered the room after opening the door with a soft creak.

“Jin Seonbae, it's me.”

She flashed a sweet smile after seeing him raising his gaze from his book to her. He removed his glasses in a swift second and put them aside on the table. He didn’t expect her of course so he had a surprised expression.

“Guardian Yoon Min...What brings you here?”

Yoon Min tiptoed her way in front of his desk and stood while twirling her body around. Her guess was acting cute might draw his attention more.

She asked, “Are you busy?”

He shook his head and closed the book he was reading, “No, just reading.”

She then proceeded her plan, “Then come to Taehyung Seonbae's party. It hasn’t started yet and they're expecting you eagerly.”

Seokjin chuckled lightly, the smile on his lips faded into a faint smile.

“I already denied, Yoon Min. I don't have any interest to attend parties now. You go have fun.”

Yoon Min became disappointed by his rejection. She still gave a few tries.

“Senior Guardian, it's your friend's party. Taehyung didn’t even begin the ceremony yet. He's like your little brother. You cannot break his heart like that~” she cooed the last sentence.

Seokjin opened his mouth to deny but closed it quickly, only the air escaped. He shook his head again.

“I don't party. I really don't like people dancing, drinking, acting like another person.”