Chapter 70

Truth kills us

Truth kills us. That's why, people fears truth. So they tell themeselves multiple lies to avoid being killed. But aren't those lies all disguised as truths?

Seokjin couldn’t think straight after whatever he heard from Yeji. The only thing he could think now was demand Jisoo to tell the truth herself. He didn’t doubt her all these time; in fact though she was a burden always, he never guessed she could take an attempt like this. A daring attempt such as that. On what ground would she do this?

He needed answers for his burning questions so he drove his way towards her apartment. Unfortunately, she wasn’t there so his second guess was her filming spot nearby. Driving his car, Seokjin mostly worried about what he would do if everything turns out to be the truth he never thought would. How could he mend a weak heart he broke like a cruel man without a second thought? How could he set everything right? He was scared for what was coming next for him.

Striding through the crowd of cameramen and staff members, he appeared at the centre where he found his beloved girlfriend having an emotional scene with her co-actor. He patiently waited for the scene to end, not wanting to create a ruckus. After some time, the director announced a large cut so everyone started wishing the main leads a good job as they bowed to the others with a smile.

It didn’t take long for Jisoo to notice her boyfriend as she immediately had a surprised reaction. She quickly finished her work there and walked to him with a moody expression. Before she could open her mouth, her hand was grabbed and she was being dragged to someplace. Jisoo protested a few times but he only replied they would talk in a quiet place.

Seokjin brought her to somewhere, not a lot of people were seen. They stood behind a huge white truck which supposedly was a food truck sent to the actress by someone. Jisoo stared into his eyes before ripping her hand away from his grip and barked,

“What are you doing here? I told you not to come to my work place. It's uncomfortable.”

Her words were least concerning for him as he directly asked her, “Tell me this isn't the truth.”

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, “About what, Seokjin?”

“That you were the one behind the revelation of the death.”

That took her by shock. She didn’t answer; her voice sunk in, the realization that he had found out what she did dawned with a chilling numbness that swept through her body, eyes shuddering as she looked at him.

Seokjin's gaze settled on her, taking in the way her expression shuttered, forcefully went calm and neutral. It was uncertainty that held him back from asking so much, questions that pleaded to be answered.

But he wanted her to have a good reason behind her action. He wanted to believe she didn’t do it out of her selfishness and waited for her to explain.