Chapter 64

It all happened in a quick span of time. One moment Yoon Min walked away from Seokjin during a cold night on the beach, another moment she got to know a heart-shattering news and the next moment she was in a taxi, on her way to the hospital. Fingers and feet unable to stay still, each 10 of them were shaking in their places. Trying her best not to let out any sort of sobs, her throat felt choked, her chest felt too tight and constricted to breathing.

Seokjin met with an accident.

How much more dreadful could it be?

The taxi arrived at the hospital in some time. She shut the door and ran inside, hastening her way to the receptionist and asked her about his whereabouts. The woman seemed like she was expecting her and told her he was under a surgery now. She informed her where to go so that's where she headed.

She honestly didn’t expect he would be going through a surgery. So she had to assume he was in a bad condition. Due to all the concerned thoughts surrounding Seokjin swirling through her head, she couldn’t help but feel her stomach squirming and heart clenching painfully. She found it surprising she hadn't dropped a single tear yet. But she knew she was about to.

Running to the operation theatre, she was welcomed by the presence of Jisoo in the waiting room, knees trembling and her hands joint together in a form of praying. She herself didn’t look good, her forehead was bandaged along with her left arm. Her fast footsteps caught her attention so she lifted her head and stood up, as if she was relieved to see her.

“Ms. Kim! Oh my God, are you okay?” Yoon Min ran to her and took the courage to grab her arms to scan her thoroughly.

Jisoo nodded her head and explained, “I-I don't know what happened. We were on the road after we rented a car a-and he asked me something and then it happened...I knew he wasn’t concentrating and he didn’t see the car coming and--”

Yoon Min didn’t let her finish because she knew it was hard for her to talk about. She immediately cut her off, “It's alright, Ms. Kim. What matters is you're good now.”

“Who says I'm good?” She argued in her usual rude tone. “I got these wounds and bruises on my face, my arm numb temporarily, and my boyfriend under operation!” She yelled at the end, tears forming in her eyes.

Yoon Min didn’t know what to do. All her eyes could focus was on the lighting sign above the operation room, thinking Seokjin was in there, knives and other sharp things going through his body. His life on the hands of doctors. And the thought of him fighting for life made her whole world crash down silently. It was the extraordinary painful feeling of herself in the same condition as him, except she was conscious.

“Almighty, save him.” she prayed, a tear appearing in her eye.

After almost two hours, the surgeons came out, removing their masks and making their way towards Jisoo, his guardian. Although Yoon Min could have the chance to stand beside her and hear their words, she was feeling odd due to her place in his life. Nevertheless, the doctors said he was out of danger miraculously. Jisoo almost fainted there due to over-happiness and thanked the doctors a lot. Yoon Min didn’t do much, her anxious heart calmed down finally and she smiled a little, thanking Almighty silently for not disappointing her.