Chapter 46

Seokjin kept his words as he visited the young girl the next few days

Seokjin kept his words as he visited the young girl the next few days. He managed to cut some time so he rushed to the orphanage whenever he was free. Gradually, the children also began to like his presence. He formed an unlikely friendship with Yoon Min and became another guardian of the children. He brought lavish toys, food, clothes, drawing materials, notebooks for them on his will, even gave them a TV to enjoy dramas and shows. The orphanage started to feel more lively by his kind offerings. And he became the children's favorite as well.

Today, he was sitting with Yoon Min on the patio beside a boy. He was called Mino, he was drawing on a sketchbook. He was told that Mino was the best painter of the whole orphanage. Seokjin couldn’t deny, there was something in his hands that were creating something so creative. Although he wasn’t sure what he was drawing.

Meanwhile, Yoon Min was calmly reading a book along with doing short talk with him. She seemed immensely focused on reading so he didn’t disturb her and let her read. He just liked to stay by her side anyhow.

Eunbi mentioned she loved books earlier. Out of curiosity, he thought to make sure if it was indeed true,

“Do you like to read?”

Yoon Min tore her gaze away from the book and showed him a soft smile,

Reading gives me someplace to go when I can stay where I am.

Pausing to think slightly, she continued, gazing her fingers on a page, “I love the moment when I open a book and sink into it, I can escape from the world, into a story that's way more interesting than mine will ever be.”

He blinked to understand the meaning behind her words and smiled. Well, he just found a way to surprise her.

Seokjin also tried talking with Yoon Min about what she planned to do after her birthday. She had no plans unexpectedly. She said she couldn’t find any place to live with a cheap rate around here. The money she earned was mainly spent on the children. But he felt like she was hiding something. How could it be possible that she couldn’t save enough money for her future? He needed to have a serious conversation with her.

Nancy, a pretty little girl suddenly ran towards them and whined, “Yoon Unnie, can you please do my hair?”

Yoon Min smiled and closed the book, put it on a side and gestured the girl to sit beside her. Nancy smiled widely and sat down, closing her eyes.

Mino abruptly raised the paper and showed his drawing to Yoon Min with a proud smile, “Noona look, I drew a dainasorous!”

Dinosaur, Mino.” Yoon Min corrected his pronunciation and gave him two thumbs up. Which was enough to make the rest of the boy's day.

Seokjin giggled by their interactions. He watched as Yoon Min was brushing the little girl's hair from the back delicately. Nancy's eyes were closed in peace with a satisfied smile.