Chapter 33

Ella quietly stood in the air, her wings fluttering ever slowly with no excitement like before

Ella quietly stood in the air, her wings fluttering ever slowly with no excitement like before. She never once met eyes with her guardian. It's as if her eyes were glued with the floor. Was she guilty or ashamed? Even if she was, did it matter?

"Ella! Tell me it's not the truth!" Yoon Min managed to yell from inside the freezing, glass box. Gritting her teeth together to fight the cold, she stared at the fairy with a little bit of hope that maybe she was lying to protect her.

Ozul found everything so amusing that he ended up answering her, "Foolish you are, dear guardian...How many times Ella was absent during the times in danger? How many times you couldn't find her when you called for her?" he paused and grinned more, seeing the frightened reaction of Yoon Min. "Because of her, I was able to escape last time when she distracted Aereum during our unfortunate fight."

Yoon Min's eyes could be seen glittering in the frozen atmosphere as she stared at her trusted fairy standing a distance away.

"Ella was always my servant from the very beginning. She was the one who disarmed the shield, helped me to escape, disabled your watch, provided me every single information of your mission, and even brought you here."

She couldn't believe the one she leaned on more without any hesitation broke her trust like this. How could she do this? Ella; the bright, happy fairy, always wanting the best for her guardian. Just how?

Yoon Min finally gave up and looked away from her fairy, biting her lips and letting the tears of pain fall down. Even the frosty air froze her diamond tears as her whole body began crumbling down. She was experiencing too many feelings at once that she couldn't bear to breathe. Pain, cold, numbness, betrayal, fear...

Ozul smirked again at her weak condition and took a short glance at his loyal servant. "Go now, Ella. You've proven your worth. You know what to do."

Ella bit her lips and bowed at him. Then she made herself excused and left the room, leaving the strongest demon and weakest guardian alone.

The demon decided to walk circular around the glass box, letting out a few laughs sometimes.

"Did you ever wonder, Guardian Yoon Min? That why you were the target behind every attack, every strike?"

Yoon Min was losing her energy to stay awake as the venomous cold was freezing her exposed limbs completely, parts of her body frozen already. She tried her best not to be unconscious right now.

"Because you hold something so valuable..."

The demon's crazy laughter pierced her back to the reality as she tried to look at him. But he was walking around her, slowly and teasing her. She failed to understand what he meant. She had nothing. She was nothing.

"I-I...hold n-nothing." she gagged, closing her eyes.

Ozul's grin widened at her statement and chuckled, standing behind the large glass box that was magically producing cold air inside. He continued,