Chapter 113

Everyone stared at Beomgyu with restless eyes until they saw what he was holding. The Thunder Sword, the only weapon built to kill guardians and demons. After Ozul Vex was burnt into ashes, the princess took the sword and preserved it safely in the castle. But now the sword was in his hands. He was glaring back at the crowd of residents in chilling silence that awoke the curiosity and fear more. He didn't step inside the hall, as if he wanted to see their reaction first.

Yoon Min and Seok Jin were surprised and taken aback at the same time. What was he doing with the sword? How did he get it? When did he walk out of the castle? It wasn't safe to use the sword by a mere guardian and none of them knew his intentions yet.

When another second passed, everyone heard the princess shouting, "Guardian Beomgyu! Why do you have the sword? How dare you touch it?"

There was no response from him, which made the situation more complicated. His action was giving the residents more reasons to be scared and start running for their lives. And it was working already. Some residents backed away from him slowly, as if the last place they wanted to stand was near him. They couldn’t be blamed, the guardian was holding the most fearsome weapon that can kill them. They stepped back, giving plenty of space for the guardian to walk forward. But he didn't.

Myeong Jo murmured to Yian, "How the hell he got the sword? I thought it was in a safe place."

It wasn't just her, most of the guardians were asking each other the same question, their gaze locked with him though. They got the hint he wasn't here on any positive motive.

Aereum strictly ordered him. "Put the sword down right now. You are not allowed to have it."

She walked down from the throne and took fast steps towards him but Nam Joon blocked her at the right moment. "Don't, Princess Aereum." He warned lowly. "I don't sense a good feeling from him."

Suddenly, Yoon Min remembered her friend Koushi's words. Beomgyu was constantly reminding the residents to fight, telling them how unfair the discrimination was. He wanted to separate her from Seokjin by spreading rumours and negativity. And let the residents play the villains while he hid from the world.

He kept trying to win her heart but she rejected him completely yesterday. With all these mixed up, he should be very furious and mad right now to hold the deadly sword with a motive to do something horrible. He neither got his memories or the girl of his dreams. He could have her if he commits one dangerous murder.

"Oh no..." She whimpered, earning Seokjin's attention. "He wants to kill you."

Right then, Beomgyu lifted the sword using both hands and swished it in the air before striking a nearby guardian's body. A gigantic force of fear attacked the residents. Nobody had time to react, they only watched how the wounded guardian wailed in panic and they finally realized he was here to murder them all. Chaos took place among the others as they screamed and started running around in search of getting out of the castle, getting away from him.