Say goodbye for now

"I should make food, it's almost time for supper" I mumble to myself and I stand up to check into the fridge. What could I possibly make? I did tell Jin I would make food next time, they'll be leaving today so I want to part on a good note.

A multitude of recipes flash through my mind but I ultimately decide to make soup. I get some sliced meat, shrimps and vegetables and start making the stock. While the liquid heats up, I decide to go around to see if everyone's still sleeping or just too lazy to get out of bed. It's been a whole day after all.

I quietly open doors to find piles of exhausted men in every single room. Welp. When I'm about to close the door to my room, I hear a groan and when I look inside, I see a sleepy Hoseok looking up at me like a meerkat. Muffling a chuckle, I wave a little and exit the room, leaving him to decide if he wants to join me or not.

I am indeed happy when I see him close the door behind him and stopping by my side, scenting the soup with happy eyes. "It smells good" he whispers in his raspy voice and I feel proud at the compliment. Soups are the one thing I really excel at making.

He waits for me to set down the utensils and turns me around to look at him. I have to look up since he's taller than me, so it takes me a moment to see that he's not smiling. "Shouldn't you be resting?" he asks and I smile at his concern. "I'm fine, Hoseok, I think I slept plenty enough" I respond but he shakes his head, still not losing his serious gaze. "That wasn't resting, Y/N, if anything, that should've made you exhausted. Go sit down, I'll take care of the food" he says and starts pushing me away.

I have to put a foot down and grab the counter to stay in the kitchen. "You... shall not... do such thing" I struggle to say as he now starts pulling at my arm, but I hold onto the counter. "I promised... I'd make food next time, you're all... leaving soon". One of my hands slip from the counter and I fall backwards, straight into his arms.

He doesn't even vacillate, he just stands there without moving. "I'm going to stay" he then whispers. Surprised, I look up to see his determined eyes. "What?". He smiles and removes my hair from my face, tucking it softly behind my ear. "I'm going to stay here. Jin and Yoongi hyung will probably stay too. The others will have to go because of school, but I know they'll try to come every weekends until we settle things.

I must look dumb right now with my mouth wide open, but I don't care. "What about work?". He scratches the back of his neck. "I actually quit". I stare at him as a blush creeps onto his cheeks and I snort.

"You're too cute, Hoseok, too cute" I say and I can see he's pleased by the compliment, his chest puffing out slightly as his cheeks redden. I turn around to head back into the kitchen to make some rice. Hoseok stays close, following my every move while still making sure he's not in the way.

"I'll start looking for a job here soon, for now I just want to make sure you're alright" he explains and I smile softly. Once the rice is in the rice cooker, I slide under his arms and hug him tightly. His warm body wraps around me and he rocks us from side to side slowly. I laugh, our shared bond sparkling with satisfaction.

After a while, doors open to reveal half asleep men, some going straight to the bathrooms and waiting for their turn while the rests either flop down on the couch or come to the kitchen.

Without leaving Hoseok's arms, I pop a head from behind him to see Jimin and Jungkook staring at us. When I grin, Jimin is first to steal me from Hoseok's arms and moving me away, encircling me in his hold with strong arms. I chuckle at the feeling of his soft hair brushing against my cheeks and feel him smile against my skin.

He then pulls back to stare at me with concerned eyes. "Are you sure you should be up and about? Shouldn't you rest?". Hoseok starts chuckling. "I told her the same thing, Jiminie, but she's stubborn" he says in a tone laced with tease and Jimin grins.