Never skip a meal

When I open my eyes, pain finally fading away to become a distant memory, it's to find Mark asleep by my side, hands holding mine. I look at his face to see him frowning, dried trails of tears under his eyes. I sigh and look around me, wishing my soulmates would still be around.

I couldn't hear them, but the feeling of them touching me, a touch filled with tingles that can only be theirs, that was very real. I know Jungkook used his ability on me too, helped ease my pain. So grateful for whoever allowed them over, allowed them to not keep being so anxious at home without knowing what's happening to me and with no way to contact each other.

Sealing memories away might have to wait for a while again, I think to myself as I slowly raise into a sitting position, freeing one hand from Mark's, letting him keep some contact with me, not wishing to wake him up.

Still, I don't regret it. It might have hurt a lot, but now, that's three memories out of the way. Three memories that can't hurt me anymore. I'll accept that kind of pain any day if it allows me more time with my soulmates. More time and more new memories. Happy ones.

I notice my phone on the bedside table, withing reach with a small message on top. I grab the note, smiling to myself. 

Call us as soon as you wake up please
Your grumpy cat

I chuckle, delighted to see that he's accepted the nickname so easily and grab my phone, then pressing on his contact before bringing it to my ear when the ringing starts. It doesn't take long before Yoongi accepts the call, his tired voice sounding like he was sleeping.

"Snowflakes, how are you? You feeling better?" he asks, deep raspy voice that pulls at my heart strings. "A lot better. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry, you all must have been so worried" I say, hear him hum softly, a second voice slowly waking up as I hear my name. "It's fine, I was about to wake up soon anyway. I'm just grateful that we were allowed over to watch over you, even if it didn't last for long" he replies, grumbles a few more things to someone before a few weird noises reach me.

"Hey, Berry" I hear, smile when I recognize Hoseok. "Hey, my sunshine" I whisper, feeling tremendously soothed to hear their voice. "We were very worried about you, how are you?" he asks and I smile, not minding having to repeat the same thing to all of them if I have to. "I feel good, Hobi, I don't hurt anymore". "That's good, very good, I'm glad" he says, relief obvious in his voice.

"Are the others sleeping?" I ask softly, wondering if I could get the chance to speak to them all or if that will have to wait. "They are, it was hard to fall back asleep last night, we were all quite shocked. We couldn't handle sleeping alone so we all separated into a few groups, I stayed with Yoongi so his voice woke me up" he explains.

I can't help feeling a little sad that I can't talk to everyone, but I know they need to sleep too. "I can wake them up if you want to" he offers, probably feeling my side of the bond, even if only a little, but I shake my head.

"No, it's fine, let them sleep. I'll call again later. I guess I should thank everyone who had a part in you all coming for me, your presence really helped me a lot. I should also call Eunwoo and the others, let them know that I can't make it tomorrow, but I don't know if I should tell them the whole situation" I mumble, hating this right now. "There's also the gallery... I should push it back to another date, the artists will be a little disappointed, but I want to be present for the next one, I hope they won't be too mad" I add, my thoughts starting to mix together as I think of what to do next.

"One thing at a time, Snowflakes, start with your friends, they were very excited to have you over so it might be hard to do, but you can all us after so we can try and cheer you up. Keep the other calls for another day, don't do everything all at once" Yoongi says, confirmed by Hoseok's hums. I guess they put the call on speaker.