Drunk on love

"Open your mouth, Marshmallow" Jungkook coos from behind me and brings a fork full of pasta to my mouth. I sigh and do as told, but since he doesn't see anything due to forcing me to sit on his lap at the table, of course he would splatter the bite on my cheek.

"Jungkook!" I scream in a laugh while he just giggles like a cute child under our soulmates' happy eyes. Yoongi sighs and gets a tissue to wipe my cheek softly while Jungkook tries again, this time safely managing to get the fork in my mouth.

I bite and swallow before turning my upper body to look at him. "You know, I can eat by myself". He stares at me without saying anything. Suddenly a little self conscious, I meet eyes with Yoongi but he just shrugs. "Indulge him for now, he'll be worse later if you don't".

Great. I look back to Jungkook to see him grinning before getting an other mouthful of pasta to my mouth, this time seeing what he's doing. "Say ahhhh". After hesitating under his expectant eyes, I slowly open my mouth and say "A-ahhhh".

I'm sure I don't need to say that I currently feel like a child. That's what I used to do with my little sister. She was two, not twenty-two!

But I follow Yoongi's recommendation and let Jungkook have his fun, because I know he needs the contact. He's going back to school tomorrow along with Jimin, Taehyung and Namjoon, so he wants to enjoy our time together as much as possible. Worry free.

At least I think it is. I can't shake off the feeling that a deep constant sadness is seeping into the bond, but it's almost like a ghost, it's there, but at the same time, it's not. As if it's unconscious, a worry that digs into the mind like a constant reminder that something bad could happen. It worries me a little, but since it doesn't really change, I eventually forget that it's even there.

A feel something warm poke my nose and I come back to reality to see a fork of pasta in front of my eyes. "Jungkook, not again!" I whine but he just shrugs. "You weren't giving me any attention, it's your own fault" he replies and I pout before accepting the bite he brings to my mouth.

"You both are too cute" Jin coos from the other side of the round table and the others hum in unison. Jungkook and I blush under their loving gazes. I point to an other meal. "Kookie, I want some chicken please" I whisper to focus on something else other than my embarrassment, but this time, even he participates in cooing at me.

Still, he gets what I asked so nicely for and brings it to my mouth, letting me bite into half of it before bringing the other half to his mouth.

"Your food is always so good, Jinnie" I praise the man and he beams at my words like a peacock showing off in front of a crowd. "Of course it's good, all my love goes into that food, I would be surprised of the opposite happening, not liking my food? Ah, as if possible!" he chirps and Namjoon shakes his head with a small smile.

The rest of the meal goes without problem. Jimin and Taehyung are the first to leave the table after taking their dishes with them to the kitchen. They then go to their room to study a little. Yoongi follows suit and goes to his room to take care of a project of his, but he still won't tell me what it's about and I'm growing quite impatient, much to his amusement. Namjoon goes to the living room with Jin and Hoseok comes to leave a peck on my temple before going to cuddle with the two men on the couch.

That leaves the table with only Jungkook and I. His head comes to rest on my shoulder and I lean my head against his. "I missed you. I know we see each other everyday... but spending time like this, I really missed this feeling" he whispers softly, his heart both aching and fluttering, making mine react just the same way.

"I'm sorry Kookie... I didn't mean to neglect you" I whisper back but he shakes his head with a soft smile. "It's okay, a lot has been happening that's out of our control. Let's just enjoy tonight" he says and I nod slowly.