The end is near

I have an important question at the end of the chapter so please take a moment to read it once you reach it and possibly give me your opinion, it would mean a lot to me! It's nothing to worry about so don't worry!

"Alright, little sis, how do you feel?" Mark asks me as the sealing session ends.

I look up to meet his eyes and I take a moment to find the right words. "I... I feel really good, as if I was given a new start" I tell him, amazed by how light my soul feels now. That fear that something might come to the surface to haunt me is completely gone. I couldn't remember what this felt like, to feel free, until now.

He smiles brightly and hugs me tight. "I'm glad Y/N, really. All the dangerous memories are gone, they're all gone. It wasn't easy to reach that point, especially with everything that's been going on but you did well. So well" he murmurs before leaning back to gaze at me.

His words feel unknown, as if this is all a dream. Do-hwan decided to make me keep the smallest memories that don't bring danger to my soul because it would be a waste of energy for all of us to get rid of them, something I completely understand. To be allowed to feel like that? I don't care if I still have small nightmares from time to time, I don't care at all.

"It's all thanks to you, Mark, you too, Do-hwan, I really appreciate it" I reply, watch as the quiet man bows with a smile before leaving us behind, his job now complete.

So much progress, and Eunwoo can't even see it. He would be so proud to see how great I feel now, how much better my state has gotten. I can't wait to see him again, to hug him tight and tell him how much I missed him, how much we all missed him. My brothers, his soulmates... it breaks my hurt to hear them cry during the night only to see them smiling the next day.

I don't know in what state we'll find him and that scares me, I would never forgive myself if they hurt him badly, which leaves me with only one thing to focus on right now.

That picture.

"I need to head to Seo-joon's office, we need to do that session with the picture he brought back yesterday. It might just tell us everything we need to know" I tell him and he hums, his smile leaving place to seriousness.

"Let's go then".

We quickly reach the boss's office and when we step inside, it's to find him already ready to go. He must have been expecting me.

"You're here, do you feel ready to read that picture? We don't know what you're going to find until you can reach the information we need, it's going to be difficult, especially since you don't know how to connect only halfway" the imposing man says as he comes to join us by the door.

I nod, knowing full well that it won't be fun. Definitely not fun. "I'm ready. I can take it now, I'll be fine" I reply, to which he nods. "Just make sure to stop when you need a break. Wearing you down is the last thing we want" he warns before leading us out of the room.

We leave his corridor to start heading to our destination, knowing all the people taking notes are probably already waiting for us. The word spread quickly about yesterday's events and now everyone believes that this might just be it. The final piece we needed. All of that because someone with an ability to see the future said that the end is near.

I can't help but feel tense, knowing that a lot depends on my shoulders today. I don't know how deep I'm going to dig, I don't know all the atrocities I'm going to find and I need to go backwards, something very draining. It's not just starting from a certain point and then let the course flow, I have to swim against it.