Finally all together

"Waffle is here too?!" I ask in excitement. Poor puppy has been neglected so much recently, I really need to make it up to him. Jungkook nods with a smile. "He wasn't allowed out of the room because the others feared he would be in the way, so he's patiently waiting in the sort of apartment we were sent to. You can see him as soon as we're done checking your vitals" he says before playing with my hair softly, the touch making me lean into his hand.

It's currently only an hour after my coming back to life. It's the middle of the night and that sleep was everything except restful, so I really can't wait to get to sleep again, but naturally, I have to push it back away to make sure I'm not going to suddenly die again.

Rain sits on the bed next to me. "You literally came back from the dead, so I'll scan your soul and body, make sure everything's fine. This is pretty unknown to us at the moment, your soulmate's ability just pulled your soul back to life, we need to make sure you won't have any setbacks anytime soon".

I turn to see Taehyung asleep on the couch in front of the bed, his head on Namjoon's lap while Jin gets his feet. "How is he?" I ask them. Namjoon smiles. "He's just exhausted. What he did drained him a lot, understandably". I nod, eyes going back to his face, mouth into a light pout while he breathes in and out slowly.

Jin massages his legs a little. "He'll be fine, Hun, focus on yourself for now, we're watching over him" he says, his ability still working hard on soothing us. "You should relax too, Jinnie, I think we'll be fine now even if you take a break" I say but he simply shakes his head with a smile.

"By soothing you all, I also soothe myself. Let me do this some more". I sigh softly and smile as I send him all the love I can muster, to him and all of the others, even to Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi who went to check on Waffle and get the rooms ready for all of us.

The eyes that then turn to me are shining with stars and tears, thankful as they send back just as much to me. I missed this, even if we weren't separated for a long time. Being able to give them all of me instead of only getting all of them is so satisfying.

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by loving people. Mark had to leave the room with Park Seo-Joon to take care of something, but he made me promise to spend time with him when I feel better, something I owe him for almost dying. I obviously agreed, because I'd ask the same thing of him if it was him on his death bed.

"Alright, look at me please" Rain demands and I nod. Eyes meeting his, his fingers find their way to my head where he proceeds to make a full scan of my body and soul. My soul tries to reject his touch since it just went through trauma, but he carefully manages his way around so that he's not perceived as threat. Body tense and feeling a heavy fatigue about to overwhelm me soon, I squeeze Jungkook's hand as he stays by my side.

"We can go to sleep all together as soon as it's over" he tells me, knowing just how tired I am by looking into my eyes. I hum, loving the thought of being able to sleep in their arms again. "That sounds wonderful" I whisper, trying to focus on Rain so to not disrupt his scans.

The following minutes are quiet, Taehyung's breathing a constant sound that reminds me of just how much I owe him. How scared they must have been when they thought it was over. That I was gone forever. Imagining that hole filling my soul scares me, so to have made them experience that feeling...

A soft caress against my soul, gently pushing back the negative feelings to replace them with positive and warm ones makes my eyes close for a moment and I feel my body become like a rag doll before arms wrap around me to pull me against a hard chest.

"Okay, I think that's enough for now, she's exhausted and that wave of calm just broke down her last barriers" I hear Rain say in a chuckle. The bond envelops me like a blanket and my eyes won't open anymore.