Soulmates care for each other

We reached 4k already??? It's been like only around a week since my previous 'almost' 3k because it wasn't there quite yet then? I'm flabbergasted y'all, thank you so much for giving this story so much attention! Anyway, let's continue with the story!

Jin's POV

When we reach home, it's to find an empty house. It'll probably take some time for Hoseok to do this, he doesn't usually use his teleportation ability so bringing someone with him, two with him, that demands a tremendous amount of energy.

Without a second thought, I go to the nest room and settle her in the bed, being careful that her skin doesn't come in contact with anything that could hurt her since it's so fragile right now. Yoongi waits at the door of the room and I can feel anxiety eat him from the inside, wheels turning quickly in his mind.

"Who the heck was that man? Do you think he works for the man from last time?" he asks me, anger seething into every words. I don't respond right away, feeling the need to breathe in and out a few times first to calm myself. I send him comforting waves too, because being angry right now won't help Y/N.

"I don't know, Yoongi-ah, I don't know. Let's wait until she wakes up for that, first we need to make sure her skin heals" I tell him and turn to look at the pup who's been following us very quietly since we left. I walk up to him and crouch in front of the big baby. Some of his fur seems to have burnt too, but overall, he seems alright. Nothing a good shower and time won't take care of.

"You did so good, pup, thank you for protecting her" I whisper and when he looks at me in the eyes, I can see so much intelligence. He nods his head and turns to look at her body in the bed, then back at me. "Are you asking for permission?" I ask, surprised and when the dog nods again, I look at Yoongi with wide eyes, which he returns with confusion.

I turn back to the pup and motion for the bed. "You go ahead then" I mumble and watch as he jumps on the bed and softly settles next to her, his nose in the nook of her neck without touching skin. I walk to stand by Yoongi and take him in my arms, soothing the both of us.

"She'll be fine. Thanks to Namjoon and Waffle, she'll be just fine" I whisper in his ears and I feel his body shake a little before he nods against my shoulder.

We wait many long minutes as we keep an eye on her, keeping track of her state which has been pretty stable when we hear the front door open, revealing a disheveled Eunwoo who runs to the room and hesitates at the door.

"Are you sure I can enter the nest?" he asks and I nod, allowing him entry because nothing else matters right now. "We'll deal with it afterwards, for now, please do whatever you can, she got attacked by a stranger with fire ability" I tell him and he nods to then set foot inside our nest which suddenly feels wrong, like a transgression. I feel Yoongi's body tense up and I need to hold him for a moment, letting him know that it's needed right now.

He sighs and gets closer to the bed, sitting by her side as Eunwoo takes the other side, the dog moving aside to give him full space. I come to stand by Yoongi and watch as her friend's face becomes filled with worry, his eyes taking in the sight and his hands hovering over her body gently to analyze.

"Whoever did this did it with the intent to kill. You said he killed himself in the end?" he asks us, the last question more for Yoongi since he contacted him via telepathy and I nod. "Only a pile of dust. We can't get any info from him anymore" I reply and he hums. His eyes fall on her camera and it takes me a moment to understand why.

Then it hits me. "Do you think she took a picture of him?!" I exclaim and without waiting for an answer, I slowly and carefully detach it from her neck. I look down to see the screen and lentils broken, but when I turn it on, it still works, although we can't see much because of the cracks. The first thing I find in the gallery is the picture of a man with fire at the tip of his fingers.