Reunions

When my environment changes from being in front of the building to being inside an unknown room, I try to escape the arms holding me. They let me go and I turn around to find a man I don't know.

"I'm sure you're confused at the moment, but our boss will come very soon, just wait a few minutes" he says and I frown at the way he talks. For someone who just kidnapped me, he sure is polite. He leaves me be and I look around me. We're currently in a sort of office, official meeting room. But it looks like a place I've seen before...

Before I can process anything further, the man from the memory enters the room and I feel my blood rush out of my face. That's him, the one who killed that man to send me a message.

Completely ignoring me, he walks to his chair behind his desk and only once comfortable does he turn to me. He eyes the man behind me, who then pushes me closer to the desk to sit down on the chair in front of it. I try to resist a little, but they pay no mind until I'm actually seated.

The man's eyes are so intimidating, the eyes of a killer and I can't help but think I'm next. "So, did you think about my offer?" he asks, causing me to scoff. "Why would I accept an offer when you made me feel my eyes being pulled out and killed" I respond, but that only makes a smirk appear on his face. "For someone in a compromising situation, you sure are feisty. The man didn't deserve any less and I knew you could handle it, because you've been doing that for years" he says but I look away as I cross my arms to my chest. "That's a stupid reason".

He props his elbows on the table and rests his chin on his hands. "Was it now? Is it also a stupid reason to use a child who just lost her whole family, promising her a future without worries if she gives them control of her life? Would it also be fair if they were the ones ordering the death of said lost family?". I snap my head to meet his eyes. "What are you talking about?".

He leans back into his chair to stare at me. "Don't tell me you still think the horrible death of your family was only an accident". I shake my head. "No, I... someone who tried to attack me said he was responsible for this. He was ordered to kill all of us because of something my parents did or said" I say and he nods. "You didn't try to dig further than that?". I look at my lap and shake my head. "Never wondered why they never found you before recently?".

I frown and look up. "What do you mean?". He sighs. "You're clearly not as bright as he said... I'm saying that we made sure that stupid group wouldn't find you until you'd be able to handle yourself". My mind blanks. "Why?". His eyes bore into mine. "Because your parents risked it all by telling me top secret information to use against the government. Them dying is me unable to hold my part of the deal. Not fully, anyway".

My heart drops to my stomach and I stand up from the chair. I walk to the middle of the room and pace a little before turning to him. My parents told him top secret information? What kind of information was it that cost them their lives and almost mine? "Why am I here?" I ask him in annoyance, finding it hard to process what I'm hearing so far.

"To make sure you don't die from the fucking M.I., what else? If we took you away any other time, they would have punished your little family, but since they saw you get kidnapped and saw a pure reaction of panic from your two little soulmates, they'll leave them alone. I actually gave you more time to live, so now would be a good time to say thank you".

I hit my foot on the floor as I look down in thoughts. They'll indeed be safe from being accused, so that much puts me at ease. "That still doesn't explain why I'm here" I ask again before looking up to see him sighing, as if deadly bored at the moment. "The deal. I keep you out of reach, in exchange, I need your help". "What for?". He smirks. "To destroy the exact government that destroyed your life and countless others'".