The first...

When the photoshoot is over, we separate to go our own way with warm smiles and goodbyes. I go straight to the gallery since I have to meet an artist and finalize some things with him before the exhibition. I had such a fun day that it's with a spring in my steps that I reach the building and enter the unlocked front door, which means someone is already here and turn on the lights of my office after closing the door behind me.

"Well, while I wait for him, I guess I'll take a look at the pictures" I whisper to myself as I take my camera and connect it to my laptop. I open the right folder and copy paste them on the computer so I can free up the space on the camera.

Before I can take a look at the first picture, I hear a knock on the door. I close my laptop and head to the door, opening it to see JB waiting with a smile. "Hey, am I too early? I was nearby and thought I could come right away". I motion for him to enter.

"It's fine, how have you been? Feeling nervous yet?" I ask with a grin and he gives one back before taking a seat in front of my desk. "A little nervous, yes. You know how personal it is to have people look at your work and hear their comments". I nod and put my laptop away to clear the space and then open a drawer to take his pictures and set them in front of him.

"It's been years and yet, it still amazes me how you manage to give life to pictures like that" he says, eyes shining as he looks at his work. I smile and take some papers on which I have a few propositions for how to place them on the wall. "Have you thought about a particular layout you would prefer? If not, I have some possibilities here that I made while thinking about the best way to spread your message" I say and he takes the papers, eying them carefully.

"They're really great. I honestly don't have any preferences, I think they can be placed randomly and it wouldn't matter". I prop my elbows on the table. "I'm going to disagree here. Even if you don't see it, there is definitely a meaning behind your work, they all have one. But if you think so, do you agree to let me take care of it?". He nods and puts the papers down. "You've always done a fantastic job, I don't see how this time would be any different. You always find a way to understand our work more than ourselves". I chuckle. "Thank you for your kind words, I'll make sure everything is ready soon then".

We stand up at the same time and head next door to where the exhibition will take place and we walk around. Most of the pictures are already in place even if I didn't find the time to come that much this week. The artists can come whenever they want to place and move their work around until satisfied so it goes according to what they envision. Of course, I make them sign contracts, there are also cameras, we don't want them to stealing or sabotaging.

"Oh yeah, I heard from Moonbin that you found your soulmates, I'm really happy for you" he exclaims and then takes me in his arms. I'm surprised by the sudden hug but then respond to it, throwing my arms around his back and we stay like that for a while. "Thank you, JB. They're really great, I couldn't have hoped for better soulmates". He pulls away and stares at me with proud eyes. "You deserve all the love in the world. They better take good care of you, or else they'll have to deal with us" he then adds and I laugh at that. "You don't have to worry".

We look around and see my empty space. He turns to me with curiosity. "Have you not taken pictures yet? You only have a few days left". I sigh. "I know. My soulmates actually volunteered to help this morning. I didn't take a deep look yet, but they seem promising".

He stares at his phone when we hear a ding and he walks towards the front door. "Well then I'll let you to it! I'll see you soon!" and he's gone. I sigh with a small laugh and head back to the office after smiling to an artist that just entered.

****

"How am I going to choose... they're all perfect" I growl as I scratch the back of my neck. They honestly have exceeded my expectations, not that I had doubts. But the way the light gave life to their shadows... the boys seemed to unconsciously be able to find the exact way to place their bodies so that it would hit the wall with grace. It was especially hard to choose without watching the pictures move. A part of the story was told only when alive and right now, it was still frozen.